Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb Bandsters July Challenge

The concert is in Junction City, Kansas....

I'm having trouble finding takers for tonight because everyone already has plans to bbq and then hang out for the fireworks tonight.... :cool: Looks like I may miss it unless I can talk DH into going with me, and he's not a big fan...LOSER! LOL!

Maybe when it storms later a tornado can pick me up and drop me off in Kansas.

How can anyone not cancel all plans for REO?

I'm working today (double time & a half) but I was supposed to play in a mud volleyball tournament today. I thought I'd be able to get a good workout doing that, the mud is REALLY sticky, up to about the knee, and SO much fun. I was going to count that as my workout today, but since I'm working..... I guess I'll do my standard treadmill/biking to get my workout in today. 15 minutes down, 45 left to go!

I am so jealous. I wanted to work today for the double time and a half but my boss would not let me. But of course she worked so she could get the extra pay.

I almost fainted when they offered it to us. OT is usually a resounding NO here. When I found out that it would be DOUBLE TIME AND A HALF, I thought, wild horses couldn't keep me away....I don't CARE what holiday it is. I'd work Thanksgiving and Christmas if they offered it!

thanks for all the info on Protein, I'm going to look at the WLS supplies and will probably order the variety pack. I'm been drinking either EAS or Atkins drink. I'm goimg to look up the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and matrix as well.

TODAY, I'm going to do it. I'm going to get on the eliptical. I'll report back later with results.

My DH is hard at work now, too, meaning I also don't get a holiday. AND there's no OT pay working for our county on any holiday. Falling on a Wednesday, it just feels like any other day here -- except that we're all dressed in red white & blue. Odd... BBQ & fireworks tonight though! :biggrin1: I hope you go to that concert, even if it's by yourself! You'll have a great time!!!

Okay, so my affirmation for yesterday...I forgot to post it! We received in the mail a newsletter from the organization sponsoring the Fun Run/Walk!! And there -in print- was proof that I'd completed the mile!!! Granted my family members take the final ranking in each of our age categories, but the point is WE DID IT! I have not done a "mass" walk or run since 9th grade gym! I really felt good about myself for trying that day, and seeing it in the newsletter yesterday was a much needed reminder! I need to focus on what felt good about that accompaniment rather than on the effort of changing clothes & taking a 2nd shower that is involved in working out at home!

I need to make a real plan and stick to it. While I can exercise when the kids are awake, it never fails that something interrupts my efforts. So ignoring the fact that I am "home all day" my real workout opportunities look like this:

Sun/Mon/Tues are days with strength training opportunity (DH claims the treadmill at my usual time) and Wed/Thur/Fri/Sat are cardio opportune days (DH works evenings). Though it technically is a poorly planned workout schedual...if only I could just MAKE MYSELF get on either the treadmill or the gravity force trainer (yes, BodyByJake - we're infomercial junkies) after the kids are in bed...every single night!!!! It boggles my mind! Once the I've got them down & the silence finally ensues, the last thing i want to do is listen to a half hour of whirling thomps from the treadmill!!! And I just don't have a good routine down with the BodyByJake yet. But those are merely excuses! I need to suck it up and JUST DO IT!! Embrace my inner Nike. Or something like that. :cool: I don't know how y'all are making this happen...the daily workout sht...uff. But I want to be where you are!!

:cheer2:

Go, Zannie, YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Instead of trying to do it all in one big chunk, try going for 15 or 20 minutes at a time, and add it up at the end of the day. Set a timer, and stay with it, unless someone is bleeding, they can wait until you're done...after all, it IS only 15 minutes....YOU are in control, you can MAKE it happen!

Get your kiddos involved, too! Give them some exercises that they can do while you're working out.... Jumping jacks, sit-ups, push-ups, just fun stuff that uses up lots of energy! I bet they'd get a kick out of working out with Mom!

My problem is, I truly HATE fruity drinks. I've always hated Kool-Aid, and every variation thereof. Can't stomach Crystal Light except for on very rare occasions. I would like to try the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored powder, but I need to get all this stupid New whey used up first. I spent WAY too much money on that and got way too much of it to throw it away. I

That's what I miss most (besides yeasty & quick BREADS) -- JUICE!!! I thought it would be pizza & Pasta, but it's juice, punches & fruity sodas that I miss the most! I can rationalize the soda cravings away with the whole "carbonation is not good for the stoma" theory. But the "juice is mostly empty calories" bit doesn't have the same effect! I never much minded empty calories but for so long before, now did I?!? So I've reached a compromise with myself -- juice only if it is Splenda-rized or mixed with Protein powder.

I feel like I already know you're not into coffee... But if you are, there are several nice (not gritty, not foamy) latte-like Protein powders. I didn't keep track of them since I was looking to satisfy my juice cravings & had the coffee part down already, but I'm 99% sure that the latte-type protein from Syntrax (Matrix or nectar, I don't recall) was very nice... (For the record - I do not like actual COFFEE, but I love coffee ice cream, Frappuccinos, iced or hot cappuccinos & creamy-sugary variations there of!)

I'm in for July! I'm shooting for Level 1 Elite. :clap2:

I've worked out 3 times this week and 70 minutes each.

I was disappointed two weeks ago when I went to the doctor for my six week check up. After working out 2 days a week for an hour each and also doing the 5k Koman walk - I didn't lose a pound. He gave me the whole muscle weighs more than fat story. I know it but don't believe it at this time. So, I'm adding an additional day and more minutes. Just in time for the July Challenge.

Hi, Carole! :welcome: I love your Kool-Aid kid! Good to have you aboard!

I thought of another good Protein powder I tried... Dymatize Elite whey in "Butter Cream Toffee" (as well as their "chocolate Mint" that I mentioned before) is excellent. Both were delicious and, in both taste & texture when mixed with milk, went down like a melted, runny milk shake rather than like a Protein drink! If you used ice & a blender I bet it would fool even the family! If you can stand the sweet stuff early in the day, or can drink your protein at night for dessert...both of these are safe bets.

Hummm...now I've got myself thinking! I wonder if I could blend these up in an ice cream maker for protein-packed Desserts this summer?!?

Suzanne

Feb'07 July Challenge: Level 2-Intermediate

1 of 20 days exercising for 30 minutes

Zannie had a great idea and I am going to post her PM she wrote to me about it here and in the Feb thread.

But I just wondering why more Feb'07 Bandster are not joining us in the exercise challenges. Surely it isn't our company!! biggrin1.gif So what might it be...?

I've read a lot of posts from further-along-than-us Bandsters who say they really didn't start exercising until about 6-months post-op... Maybe that is it. Or not, who knows! But perhaps we/you (ehem) ought to post the challenge details on the main Feb page, as a sort of "see, it's not so bad"... And I really enjoy the individual levels, personalizing them even further this month was a good idea!! But maybe we/you (ehem, again) could expand the levels further... If you're not terribly offended already, I suggest the following modification:

Intensity Level

Beginner/Moderate/Intermediate/Advanced/Athletic

20 min ... 30 min ..... 45 min ..... 60 min ... +60min

After all, if I have to push myself further, then so will YOU eventually biggrin1.gif -- and, more importantly, there are some people who have not yet begun this part of our journey. My road is longer than yours & I've got to step it up to reach the finish line, but it does take time to build endurance. The only difference between me & a slug when I got banded was that all day long I chased after 2 kids under 5! And now I'm actually working out half of the month -- thanks to your exercise challenges!

Anyhow -- with just the 4 of us in this challenge (so far) and it only being 4 days in to the month... What do you think about making some changes? And then one of us telling the Feb'07 bunch about the challenge details to spur the rest of our group on? Sort of a reminder that it's not to late to join up for July! It doesn't really affect you, me, TravelGirl or SkinnyJeans at all beyond modifying some labels (except if you want to declare a new intensity level wink.gif), and maybe it would pull some newbies into our fold? Or at least get them thinking ahead to next month... Our 6-month Band anniversaries are in AUGUST!!