Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2015 or January 2016 sleevers ?

I feel really well, most days. There have been a few days I'm like, I just don't feel good and so I rested. I will have to go back after the first of the year to have the cyst wall removed, but it will be outpatient surgery and I'll be home that afternoon. ????

Was the cyst caused by the operation. Or was it there all along?

Oh no! It had been there, maybe a year, but it was very small. I guess in October, it started to grow, but I still ignored it. It became so large in the last weeks before surgery, I could not sleep on my sides. I was afraid to say anything for fear of delaying my surgery. As big as it was on the outside, it was bigger and deeper below, so that's why he couldn't remove the cyst wall. If I don't have the wall removed, the cyst will grow back. And honestly, that is what hurt so much. All the other incisions on my stomach have not bothered me..I'm a T1 diabetic, so its healing a little slower than I like...lol...but its getting there and that's all that matters

Surgery was a success. I was a little nauseous yesterday on and off but not too bad. I was out of bed and walking around the hospital floor last night. I can home today still sleepy but no pain at all. A little uncomfortable but not pain. I've been trying my best to sip my liquids. So far it's only been sugar free Jello and Water. I didn't care for the chicken broth at the hospital. Tomorrow I can start in full liquids including Protein Shakes.< /p>

How did everyone else do?

I had my operation Monday afternoon in Plano; had a tough time coming out of anesthesia in recovery but eventually came out and went to my room;Dr. Frenzel said that I "had made hem work pretty hard' as my liver was very large and fatty- and that he should have made me lose 50 lbs pre-op instead of 25, but everything was successful. I was released Tuesday afternoon, 24 hour after surgery, rested up on Wednesday and drove home yesterday (we live 6 hours away from Dallas)

So far everything is OK, drinking broth and Isopure Protein Drinks with no problems. The night of the surgery was a little rough, I had some nausea and just felt like I got run over by a truck but by the next day I felt much better. Today I feel great, a little discomfort around the incision sites but nothing too bad.

I wanted to direct this to the person from Plano Tx. I couldn't figure out how to post exactly to you because I don't see your name. But anywho I was reluctant to have my surgery because I've known I had a fatty liver for 6 yrs now and it has always hurt me for yrs cause of my weight. But hearing your story just made me realize I need to move forward with my surgery I'm just going to do a two week liquid diet instead of one week. So thank you for sharing this means a lot to me.

Surgery was a success. I was a little nauseous yesterday on and off but not too bad. I was out of bed and walking around the hospital floor last night. I can home today still sleepy but no pain at all. A little uncomfortable but not pain. I've been trying my best to sip my liquids. So far it's only been sugar free Jello and Water. I didn't care for the chicken broth at the hospital. Tomorrow I can start in full liquids including Protein shakes.

I had my operation Monday afternoon in Plano; had a tough time coming out of anesthesia in recovery but eventually came out and went to my room;Dr. Frenzel said that I "had made hem work pretty hard' as my liver was very large and fatty- and that he should have made me lose 50 lbs pre-op instead of 25, but everything was successful. I was released Tuesday afternoon, 24 hour after surgery, rested up on Wednesday and drove home yesterday (we live 6 hours away from Dallas)

So far everything is OK, drinking broth and Isopure Protein drinks with no problems. The night of the surgery was a little rough, I had some nausea and just felt like I got run over by a truck but by the next day I felt much better. Today I feel great, a little discomfort around the incision sites but nothing too bad.

But anywho I was reluctant to have my surgery because I've known I had a fatty liver for 6 yrs now and it has always hurt me for yrs cause of my weight. But hearing your story just made me realize I need to move forward with my surgery I'm just going to do a two week liquid diet instead of one week. So thank you for sharing this means a lot to me

I wanted to direct this to the person from Plano Tx. I couldn't figure out how to post exactly to you because I don't see your name. But anywho I was reluctant to have my surgery because I've known I had a fatty liver for 6 yrs now and it has always hurt me for yrs cause of my weight. But hearing your story just made me realize I need to move forward with my surgery I'm just going to do a two week liquid diet instead of one week. So thank you for sharing this means a lot to me.

Surgery was a success. I was a little nauseous yesterday on and off but not too bad. I was out of bed and walking around the hospital floor last night. I can home today still sleepy but no pain at all. A little uncomfortable but not pain. I've been trying my best to sip my liquids. So far it's only been sugar free Jello and Water. I didn't care for the chicken broth at the hospital. Tomorrow I can start in full liquids including Protein Shakes.< /p>

So far everything is OK, drinking broth and Isopure Protein drinks with no problems. The night of the surgery was a little rough, I had some nausea and just felt like I got run over by a truck but by the next day I felt much better. Today I feel great, a little discomfort around the incision sites but nothing too bad.

But anywho I was reluctant to have my surgery because I've known I had a fatty liver for 6 yrs now and it has always hurt me for yrs cause of my weight. But hearing your story just made me realize I need to move forward with my surgery I'm just going to do a two week liquid diet instead of one week. So thank you for sharing this means a lot to me

Glad to hear that, hope everything works out for you as well.

Hey all, I am due for my surgery Jan 5th, nervous, and excited, what suggestions do you all have for me? How is everyone doing now? Weight loss? What complications? Good luck everyone!

You are going to be just fine! Expect some nausea and some pain. They should keep you pretty well medicated in the hospital. Stay hydrated! Tiny sips! They will have you up and walking that night, at they did with me. I woke up and was pretty nauseated. That was the worst part for me, but after I got in the room, my stomach settled down. Good luck on your new journey!

Hey all, I am due for my surgery Jan 5th, nervous, and excited, what suggestions do you all have for me? How is everyone doing now? Weight loss? What complications? Good luck everyone!

I am having surgery on the 19th of January. I am also excited and nervous. Right now, I am on a pre-op of liquids with one meal. Would be better if I had NO meal!!! I am struggling a bit with the weight loss, hence the need for surgery! My best to you for a good recovery and success in 2016.

I am having surgery on the 19th of January. I am also excited and nervous. Right now, I am on a pre-op of liquids with one meal. Would be better if I had NO meal!!! I am struggling a bit with the weight loss, hence the need for surgery! My best to you for a good recovery and success in 2016.
Hi Leal we share the same surgery date. You are on your pre op diet already my dr recommended 1wk for me but the way my liver hurts I started today. Also with mines I cant have any meals gonna be tuff but I know I can do it.

Goodluck!

Hi Leal we share the same surgery date. You are on your pre op diet already my dr recommended 1wk for me but the way my liver hurts I started today. Also with mines I cant have any meals gonna be tuff but I know I can do it.

Goodluck!

I had my surgery scheduled back on Dec 8th. I followed Atkins induction for 2 weeks, now 2 shakes a day with 1 300 cal meal. Next Tuesday I start a full liquid diet for 2 weeks just before surgery: 3-4 Protein shakes, Water, clear broth, SF Jello, crystal light. I WILL GO INTO THOSE TWO WEEKS WITH A GOOD ATTITUDE!!! And I know I will likely have 3-4 weeks of liquids post op for healing so that could be 6 weeks of no chewing! I WILL HAVE A GOOD ATTITUDE!

As I stated, I just had my Sleeve on Monday and am doing surprisingly well; so well I am a bit worried. Reading about my new stomach's capacity, I am worried that only 3 days after surgery I am able to drink a 10 oz coffee cup of broth in about 10 minutes with no problem, and have no problem at all drinking Water and Protein Isocure shakes- I have drank almost two 20 oz bottles today, as well as multiple cups of broth. I feel fine other than the incision pain. Thoughts? I hope he didn't leave my stomach too big.

I am Jan 5th too! Mine will be in Tijuana. I am getting nervous and so very excited! I can't even sleep!