Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I had my sleeve done on Tuesday and I still have bad gas pains. How long did the gas pains last for you? And how long before I can sleep on my stomach. And was anyone emotional for a few days after?

It should last about a week

I had mine done Monday and today I still have gas pains but not nearly as bad as yesterday, so it is getting better

Apparently I am incapable of sipping things without sucking in air which makes it worse

I still am sleeping fairly upright because of the gas pain in my chest. I took my Cpap off last night because it's essentially impossible to burp with it on and I basically have to burp every 2 minutes

My wife got me sugar free Popsicles last night and that has helped a ton. They want me to drink 5 "half shakes" a day. I got 4 in yesterday and felt like I was going to explode from the gas pain after everyone. They may have to be happy with that for now

Walking really helps. I started walking the second I hit the Ward in the hospital. I've been walking just back and forth in my upstairs for 20 minutes at a time because the weather here isn't great and I don't want to go fsr with this sub-q pump hanging around my neck

Hang in there. Everyone has told me it gets better. And for me (one day ahead of you) today is already better than yesterday

Gas-x strips are great and of course walk, walk, walk! I felt soooo much better by day 5.

Yes today is better then day 1. But on my day one with every burp I had I threw up old blood. So at least that part is done with

Oh goodness. I know the first 3 days or so I just felt really blah and was hoping I had done the right thing. I hated sipping :). I used a 1 oz medicine cup and tried to get at least 4-6 ounces an hour. I'm now only 17 days out and on pureed but I feel just about normal. Hang in there!

It will get better! It will get better! It will get better. The first week everything is slow going. Just try to stay hydrated, don't worry about anything else. Week two things will start going a little faster. It won't take half an hour to take the two tablespoons of Tylenol liquid. I burp constantly when trying to eat even two months out. I did Especially in the beginning though. It is a sign you are trying to fit too much in. I like the gas x pills better than the strips. I also had a lot of acid. Maalox helped a LOT! It will get better. Just make sure you stay hydrated. Super cold stuff went down better for me than warm stuff. You just have to test stuff out and be prepared to vomit, don't push yourself or your pouch. It'll tell you when you're full. Listen to it!! Pain and vomiting follows if you don't listen. It will get better!