Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worried I don't/Won't have restiction

I am a revision patient. I was sleeved 2 weeks ago. I don't feel hungry, have been measuring my food and have lost a lot in the past 2 weeks. Maybe 16lbs? Anyway I am so worried because I hear of people only being able to get down 1-2 ozs at this point. I can eat 3-4 oz of purees no problem. I haven't felt pain or anything with eating - only a once or twice a twinge or something. Once or twice a bit of nausea from eating. I am on purees and I have eaten baked ricotta, yogurt, egg salad, refried Beans and even soft mashed fish. Is it because I am on purees that I don't feel much more than a lack of desire to eat?

I worry about this too. I'm also 2 weeks out and on purees. I can eat 4 ounces fairly easily. Will it change when switching to more solid foods?

I worry about this too. I'm also 2 weeks out and on purees. I can eat 4 ounces fairly easily. Will it change when switching to more solid foods?

This actually makes me feel better!

It will definitely change when you get to more solid food. I think most of us felt that fear (sometimes even panic) at the point you're at. I was scared to death until I tried to eat something more solid and my tiny tummy was having none of it after about 3 bites.

Very easy for me to say 10 mos post-op, but try not to worry at this stage. You will definitely feel your restriction when you start adding denser Proteins and more whole veggies. Relax and enjoy this "big weight loss time". It's time to feel truly successful!

Lol....and I just thought I was through worrying after I made it through the surgery!

Very easy for me to say 10 mos post-op, but try not to worry at this stage. You will definitely feel your restriction when you start adding denser Proteins and more whole veggies. Relax and enjoy this "big weight loss time". It's time to feel truly successful!

Thank you! I guess I just worry because I am a revision patient and this feels so different from the band. With the band I wasn't able to drink well for weeks after surgery. This time I was drinking well within a few days. I know that it doesn't mean I don't have restriction - just you know...

I am a revision patient in my 7th week. I can eat 4-5 oz of Protein but if I eat it first like we're supposed to, I'm done. I won't be eating the veggies. I try to stick to 3-4 oz of Protein and some veggies at each meal so I can get some veggies. I don't think it's nutritionally sound to just eat meat all the time with nothing else.

None of you guys are going to starve to death in a few months or get anemic from not eating enough veggies. In fact, there's very little about the first few months post-op that continues past that point. Your restriction will remain, but as your stomach heals it will expand. In 6-12 months post-op most of you will have enough room for 5 veggies and fruits a day.

Take your vitamins/minerals. Like all who came before you, you'll all figure this out.

If you're fretting now, you'll wind up fretting the rest of your lives.

Relax. Do today what you have to do today. Don't worry today about tomorrow. Be happy.

:)

@vsgann We're talking about being able to eat too much now at a couple of weeks out. Not worried about starving or getting in veggies at this point. You might wanna read the whole thread.