Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Full vs Feeling Filled

I know that some do not need to be filled, but I guess I was just looking for some explanation as to why I feel so much restriction and other people don't!! Luvox is actually an OCD medication and now is used for other things. It works on the seratonin in the brain...maybe that has something to do with it all....thanks for the reply wasa

I never had the full feeling until my last fill. I just ate what they told me to eat because I was worried about stretching the pouch. Now, I put what I think I should be able to eat on my plate, and if I eat it all, I am way too full.

It takes about 2 hours for that way too full feeling to go away, so I have learned to eat way less.

Bubble, I am so glad to hear that there is some mediation that's helping you!

i think i am finally starting to get an idea of what "full" is for me. I definitely don't get the "thanksgiving day" full. for me, at least right now, it is a small marble at the base of my throat. nothing hurts, just uncomfortable.

i do miss the full filling a bit, but it is nice to walk away from the table and not feel sick because i ate too much.

i think i am finally starting to get an idea of what "full" is for me. I definitely don't get the "thanksgiving day" full. for me, at least right now, it is a small marble at the base of my throat. nothing hurts, just uncomfortable.

i do miss the full filling a bit, but it is nice to walk away from the table and not feel sick because i ate too much.

I'm forgetting what it felt like to be T-Day full. I try to remember but I don't think I do anymore. I think that is a good thing. :)

Thank you for all the responses on this thread. It has made me think maybe I am eating alittle to much and not listening to my "fullness". After reading this, I realize I am getting a full feeling right under my breast in the chest area. But like someone mentioned I will continue to eat one or two more bites so "i clean my plate" and boy that is the mistake..of course I still eat too fast and too big of bites also that are problems. Will this ever get easier?

Peachy

Tonight I made cheesy black bean burgers, had one, then got another on my plate. I was thinking....I am NOT going to finish this...so, I started to eat it and then I was done....no burp...just done. I had a HARD time throwing it away though. I kept looking at it and hoping I could eat it. It tasted so good, I didn't want to be done with it...I told DH...will you please throw this away for me....He said...NO PROBLEM...he knows I have a hard time throwing food away. We waste A LOT of food now that I am banded... I was the human garbage disposal in the house. If someone didn't eat everything on their plates, then I couldnt see throwing it away...I would have to down it myself...oh brother...no wonder....it feels so much better to not have that feeling of miserable all the time....

I know this is WAYYY off topic but.............YUM-O cheesy black bean burgers sound delish! Can you PLEEEASSSEEEE post the recipe? You can post it in the food section if you'd rather..............YUMMY!

Yes, it does get easier. You will learn to take tiny bites or be in pain.

I get the full feeling. I feel so full I can't take another bite if I wanted to.