Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As we are all coming up for our dates, I figured I would start a new thread on the pre-op diet. It should be easier to keep up with since we have made the other string so long!

So -- my dr has me on liquids w/ 2 fruits a day. I am going to go ahead and start 07/01 eventhough my surgery isn't until 07/27. This will give me time for a few mistakes (hope not many) and I am sure it will get rid of some puffiness and make me feel better.

That's a great idea. Everything's been very quick for me, the decision, etc. But I am being banded in one week from today :whoo:and starting my preop today as well! I am supposed to eat 3 Protein Shakes a day. I wish I would have started sooner though. Good luck!

I mentioned on the other thread that I started my pre op diet of Opti fast last Monday. I keep telling myself that I can do it, but the stuff is hard to get down. Along with the shakes and bars, I can have Water, tea, diet drinks, SF Jell-0 and SF popsicles. I guess the good thing about this is I have lost 10 pounds since starting this. Surgery is scheduled for July 9... good luck everyone!

Karen

Although today I did eat a cucumber, and I hope that won't hurt this whole process too much, I am back on track with the shakes and keep counting down the days. Thanks.... Let me know how your fare on yours.

karen

Hi all, I will be banded July 20, should start my pre-op diet July 5 but am going to start 'easing into it' tomorrow. (My liver is probably one big fatty one!!) My preop diet consists of 3 low-carb Protein supplement drinks (or 2 and 3 cups unbuttered popcorn), 1 snack consisting of 6 oz Tomato juice or 6 oz light Vitamin C rich juice, and one frozen meal (with less than 200 calories and 20 grams carbs) such as Lean Cuisine, Smart One or South Beach.

Will go for my pre-op visit July 5, so if any modifications are in order I'll find about it then. I was on Optifast several years ago for about 5 months, so hopefully I'll be able to handle this!! Good luck to everyone.

Hi all, I will be banded July 20, should start my pre-op diet July 5 but am going to start 'easing into it' tomorrow. (My liver is probably one big fatty one!!) My preop diet consists of 3 low-carb Protein supplement drinks (or 2 and 3 cups unbuttered popcorn), 1 snack consisting of 6 oz Tomato juice or 6 oz light Vitamin C rich juice, and one frozen meal (with less than 200 calories and 20 grams carbs) such as Lean Cuisine, Smart One or South Beach.

Will go for my pre-op visit July 5, so if any modifications are in order I'll find about it then. I was on Optifast several years ago for about 5 months, so hopefully I'll be able to handle this!! Good luck to everyone.

Hi CrochetGranny vbmenu_register("postmenu_503991", true); I start my Optifast diet on this Monday so we can be partners and work on this together my surgery is July 16, 07 so let me know how you feel about this. I suppose to drink 4 Protein shakes a day 2 bars and 2 cups of Soup with 64 ounces of Water.

Karen - don't worry about the cucumber. And ick (sorry just can't stand them). Just pick youself up and move forward, this is all about learning.

OK girls - tomorrow it starts. I am excited and not sure how to explain it, fearful of failure?

Bought fresh fruit today and slimfast low carb, so I am ready to go. Had my last rights with pizza for dinner tonight and will soon be going for my last starbucks white chocolate mocha :whoo:

I will so miss starbucks.

Anyway -- tomorrow morning starts for me! Good luck everyone!

Hi Everyone,

I don't start my pre-op diet until July 12th. My surgery is July 26th. I have a party to go to on July 11th, so that will be my "last supper".

My diet is very different from what I've seen posted so far. It is low fat yogurt and low fat cottage cheese (all I can eat of both), plus one skinless boneless chicken breast (steamed, not fried) per day. That's it. Nothing else.

I love yogurt, so that will be fine. But I hate cottage cheese.:faint:

Too many bad diet flashbacks.

I really wish I could do the Optifast or something similar. Might go down a bit better.

Oh well... ;)

Kathy - I would take yogurt and chicken any day.

tonight I picked up a watermelon = fruit = yummy. Also some sugar free popsicles and more slim fast. You would swear my frig was a factory for them with as many in there! Gotta be prepared though, no excuses.

O K LyssaRene, good luck and let me know how it is going for you. How long is your pre op diet for?

Kathy.... I would take your diet any day. Good luck to you too

Sunshine... your Opti Fast diet is exactly like the one I am on now. This is my last week for it. Let me know how you are doing.

karen

Hi CrochetGranny vbmenu_register("postmenu_503991", true); I start my Optifast diet on this Monday so we can be partners and work on this together my surgery is July 16, 07 so let me know how you feel about this. I suppose to drink 4 Protein Shakes a day 2 bars and 2 cups of Soup with 64 ounces of Water.< /div>

Hi Sunshinesonya, Yes, that will be fine with me. I started 'easing into' my pre-op diet this morning with a Muscle Milk Light. It was ok, tasted like chocolate milk. I am going to try to do another shake for lunch, and then eat a light supper. (My plan calls for a frozen meal, but I may not do that yet). My actual pre-op diet starts July 5th, that lets me eat what I want on July 4th. Feel free to PM me anytime. It seems that the doctors really vary what they prescribe for a pre-op diet!!

O K LyssaRene, good luck and let me know how it is going for you. How long is your pre op diet for?

Kathy.... I would take your diet any day. Good luck to you too

I am starting a week early -- surgery is 07/27 so it is until then.

Doing well on water/flavored Water thus far. Slimfast this morning and raspberries as midmorning snack. Just trying to keep myself busy doing stuff around the house so I don't think about it all that much.