Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Week Update with Doc's office

I went for a 2 week followup appointment today with the Surgeon's PA. According to their scales I have lost 25.8 pounds in 2.5 weeks, but my scales are a little closer to 23.8. But I'll take it!!! She called it an "incredible weight loss" in a short time.

Blood pressure was 114/73 and I've been off all my meds since a week before the surgery. Incisions looked good....healing properly. She did fuss at me because I seem to be exercising too much. All I had ever heard from the staff was to listen to my body and only do what it can handle. So that's what I've been doing and she scolded me for it. She said I shouldn't be doing any floor exercises, situps, or weights for the next 2 weeks. My incisions are healing on the outside but she said they're not healed on the inside yet and I shouldn't do any CORE muscle exercises, it could cause a hernia. But she said I've dodged a bullet right now, but to only walk and ride my bike for now.
I also have never fully regained the urge to Pee-pee yet, so I brought that up to her. It's normal after being catheterized but shouldn't last this long. I just go to the bathroom every 2 hours because it's time to go, not because I feel the urge to go. Even in the morning, nothing. She said that's not normal, wants to refer me to a Urologist.
Otherwise, I'm the picture of health. LOL

It sounds like you're doing pretty well overall! Congratulations! I hope they figure out what's going on with the lack of urgency though.

Congrats! That's awesome!! Keep up the great work!

I also do not feel the urge to pee pee :) I need to talk more to my dr about it during my 2 1/2 month check up next friday. But my understanding is its not uncommon because its not pressing things down on my bladder anymore. They removed 10.5 inches of stomach. However, this being said, I try to make sure I sit down to pee pee every couple of hours whether I feel i need to or not and normally I have to go. I had one UTI already and definitely want to prevent others.

Again, great job!

Thanks for confirming I'm not losing my mind. I thought the same thing, my big belly isn't sitting on my bladder any more, it makes logical sense to me. But, the PA said she had never heard of that before, so I have an appointment with a Urologist on Monday. I'm not sure I'm willing to go through a bunch of testing/treatment, it's not that big a deal but I felt a need to mention it.

I also do not feel the urge to pee pee :) I need to talk more to my dr about it during my 2 1/2 month check up next friday. But my understanding is its not uncommon because its not pressing things down on my bladder anymore. They removed 10.5 inches of stomach. However, this being said, I try to make sure I sit down to pee pee every couple of hours whether I feel i need to or not and normally I have to go. I had one UTI already and definitely want to prevent others.

Again, great job!

I think its a matter that should be addressed. Like I said, im not rushing into the dr. to talk about it but I will make sure during my check up that its addressed and I learn whats going on with that.

Keep us updated if you find more info on it. I'm 2 months out so its not from the catheter

The surgeon's PA called it "Neurogenic Bladder", if you want to google it.

The surgeon's PA called it "Neurogenic Bladder", if you want to google it.

Thanks!!

Again, great job!

Hey there.... just got back from the Urologist appointment (although it has been getting better in the last week or so). He asked if I was Diabetic right off the bat, saying that's one of the things he expects to hear from Diabetics. I told him that back in the Fall my A1C was tested and it was a marginally high number, I was put on Metformin but never could tolerate the drug. Every time I was tested in the hospital my sugar level was normal....and has been since surgery. He really didn't have an answer for me, but he said for me to "Urinate every 2 hours whether I need to or not" and he took some bloodwork to see if my kidneys were functioning properly. He said my urine was "concentrated" today when they tested it, as if I'm not getting a lot of fluids. I told him I am drinking Water nonstop all day..... Told me to come back in 6 weeks if I'm not better. He just said that some people have reactions to the anesthesia but it wouldn't last 4 weeks.

Again, great job!

Hey there.... just got back from the Urologist appointment (although it has been getting better in the last week or so). He asked if I was Diabetic right off the bat, saying that's one of the things he expects to hear from Diabetics. I told him that back in the Fall my A1C was tested and it was a marginally high number, I was put on Metformin but never could tolerate the drug. Every time I was tested in the hospital my sugar level was normal....and has been since surgery. He really didn't have an answer for me, but he said for me to "Urinate every 2 hours whether I need to or not" and he took some bloodwork to see if my kidneys were functioning properly. He said my urine was "concentrated" today when they tested it, as if I'm not getting a lot of fluids. I told him I am drinking Water nonstop all day..... Told me to come back in 6 weeks if I'm not better. He just said that some people have reactions to the anesthesia but it wouldn't last 4 weeks.

Thanks! Yes, I have to sit on the potty every couple houra whether I feel like it or not it I end up leaking a little. I'm going on friday. If anything new is found I'll update here.

I had great blood sugar and no diabetes. I wonder about now and levels. I know I don't get enough Water though

Thanks again for the update!

Now that's a stunning progress report! Excellent!

Hope the urine flows soon.

OK weird but I am having the same issue! I have a long history with kidney stones (and have passed several since surgery) but your explanation makes a lot more sense. Luckily I have a great urologist so I will follow up wit her in a few weeks and see what she thinks. Meantime I need to get on a schedule like u! I'm terrible to only go once it twice a day!

Another thing I thought of that the Urologist said that you guys might want to know....

When I came out of surgery, I couldn't tinkle so they gave me a quick "In and Out Catheter" to dump out the urine I had stored. I filled up the bag..... so the Urologist thinks that my bladder got really stretched out by holding so much urine. He said it doesn't bounce right back after stretching, can take weeks to get back to a normal size. If it's truly stretched out and larger, of course I wouldn't feel that it's FULL like I used to feel.....