Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got the call from my surgeon's office-I got approved!!! They just received the fax from the insurance company giving approval. I will coordinate with the scheduling office within a week. I just got the butterflies in my stomach. I'm nervous as heck, excited, and terrified all at once. In the back of my mind, I was just waiting for the insurance company to deny, as I have a BMI of 38, but with comorbides(high blood pressure and type-1 diabetes). I am so happy that I get the opportunity to use this wonderful tool that will help my path to becoming healthy!!!!

Go immediately, right now, and make a video blog just for your own special keepsake. It's not often that you get a chance to capture a moment of pure happiness in your life that you'll be able to relive, again and again!

Congrats! You deserve this!

Thank you! I have been "living" on this site lately, reading everyone's experiences, which are incredibly helpful. One thing I do see is a lot of is I guess what you would call regret about not having more photos of the "before". I plan on taking a lot of selfies(which I absolutely HATE) along the way, mainly for inspiration and motivation on how far I've come and never wanting to go back-fingers crossed. I have a list of all the medications I take now and cannot wait to say goodbye to at least half of them. Here's to a healthier, happier me!!!

You go girl! After surgery people are going to have to physically pry your phone out of your hands, because you'll become addicted to selfies, and looking at your beautiful new figure!

I started making a video blog from day one, after I first started the process to seek out surgery. I can't wait until I can go back and see both how I looked and felt, and how much I change as I work towards reaching goal! Like you I've avoided pics all my life. I rarely took photos even when I lost tons of weight through the years. I guess it was because in the back of my mind I knew I'd just gain it back eventually so why bother?

This time will be different for both of us (my surgery is on 07/29), so we have to document every glorious advancement we make. Don't forget to take before measurements too!

You're going to have a wonderful new life!

Edited by The Candidate

Congrats on your surgery! Wishing you the best of luck on this journey!!!!