Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamin (pill form) recommendations?

I have not been able to keep down any Vitamins - this is a problem I have had all my life. This includes gummies, chewables, powders, etc. Can anyone recommend a Vitamin pill that I can just SWALLOW whole? I am three weeks out from surgery.

Even if you swallow it whole the first place it digest is in the mouth and than stomach. some ppl can't take Vitamins. it makes them nausea,, or gives them reflux. my husband breaks out. this is a question you need to ask your nut or doctor. I 'm sorry I just don't have any suggestions for you

Could you try liquid Vitamins?

Kate

No, it's the taste that makes me vomit. My doctor just says "you have to take the (powder mixed with water) because you signed a contract last year to follow my orders." When I tell him /NUT that I vomit the Vitamins up, she said only Clear Liquids for three days. .... Um ... NO.

I love my one-a-day Bariatric Vitamin. It comes in capsule and chewable and can be ordered here: www.procarenow.com.

You only have to take one everyday, plus a Calcium citrate an hour before/after. I have yet to add the citrate and my Calcium levels are fine since I drink/eat enough calcium. I've been taking the Bariatric One-a-Day since two weeks pre-op and my blood levels have been good at three months post op and six months post op. My energy levels are great. The cost is also inexpensive at $12 a month or $33 or three months.

I love my one-a-day Bariatric Vitamin. It comes in capsule and chewable and can be ordered here: www.procarenow.com.

You only have to take one everyday, plus a calcium citrate an hour before/after. I have yet to add the citrate and my Calcium levels are fine since I drink/eat enough calcium. I've been taking the Bariatric One-a-Day since two weeks pre-op and my blood levels have been good at three months post op and six months post op. My energy levels are great. The cost is also inexpensive at $12 a month or $33 or three months.

This is the same one my surgeon recommends. My wife has taken it for several months and has never complained about it.

I couldn't keep pills down, specially larger ones, they caused me immense discomfort and got lodged in my throat for a long time, then I got nausea for 2 hours... horrible. I switched to Vitafusion Men's (gummy vitamins), no issues at all, they taste great too.

I take Garden of Life for women Vitamins. Right now since I'm finishing up nursing I'm still on the prenatals, but they come in capsules and if you can't tolerate the capsules, you can open them up and take it in juice or mix it in a smoothie as well. I had esophagilitis from some antibiotics I was on and for awhile I couldn't swallow anything with any kind of size or texture without severe pain so I'd open them and blend them in a Protein smoothie. They don't taste super great, but they blend in well enough that it wasn't too bothersome.

Edited by Sajijoma