Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have adjusted your schedules?

:whoo:Hello Mississippi Bandsters...Have any of you adjusted your exercise schedules--due to the hot weather we've had of late?:help:

I took off 10 days and was sorry for all of that. Because today my body felt ok--but I felt the tired legs after going on my short course of 2.5 miles. I hope the ones who can exercise after work--outdoors--you wait until 6:30 to 7 PM to let the heat die down. I am back at it--funny how my neighbors who doesn't have the band wanted to ride with me. So I asked my sons to let them ride their bikes. Oh well--I am 50 and I rode with two single Moms--23 and 24. I can't brag--but they had a tough time. I will have to get back to the riding. I have to go back to my "Hill of Pain". Yes I have a hill that I can do--but the pain--oh well time to get back...We all fall off...I did--but I am back...:faint:

Oh, rain, hail, shine, I'm at it every day, lol. Its winter here now and I'm glad to see the back of 40 degrees celcius days thats over 120 Fahrenheit I think. Now its rain and darkness that keeps me on the treadmill rather than running outside, which is my real love. I'm sorry daylight savings has finished.

But, you jsut have to keep at it in all conditions dont you?

Yes, I have adjusted my schedule due to the extreme heat, too. Before I went on vacation (week of 6/19) I had been walking 3 miles at the park. I walked on the beach and used the fitness room equipment at the hotel, but when I got home --BOY! The heat had really gotten bad here. Since then, I have been walking an hour on the treadmill and then jumping in the pool. I kind of miss the park, but I'll go back when it cools off.

Hello all....I had to adjust my schedules too. I don't ride too much in the afternoon--since the 90 degree heat seems to hang on too long. It's been sometime 85 degrees and the sun has went down. Or the heat index is still hanging on. I still do a lot of walking--but the one thing I hate is this: I am a member of a Gym here in my tiny town. They don't allow the kids to be there--due to no day care. I am a single Parent and it's frustrating. I guess they never expected anyone to be a single Parent. Funny that a Woman owns the 2 Gyms that are 10 miles apart. The one that has the day care--of course it's not here. $2 an hour is very cheap to pay--if they had one here in Hernando, Mississippi. I would be there each week. But--I can't lie--I am still getting 3 days in of riding each week. I go from 3 to 5 miles. I had a couple of ladies to join me one day--but they quit after 2 days. Ladies 1/2 my age. I am now 50 years old and I was so shocked to see people-23 and 24--unable to ride on a flat road--3 miles.....But--I am hoping to get my schedule to a solid 5 days again. I like the 5 days thing--with two days off...

Good work, Lee! I also like to strive for 5 days on and 2 days off. Keep up the good work!

Hi Lee,

I go to a gym to do my Water exercises so I dont have to rearrange my schedule. I go 3 times a week,,maybe 4. My knee is shot, so Water is best for me.

Regarding the ticker, just go to:

Graphical Tickers for your Signature, Message Boards, Blogs and Web Page

choose the ticker you like , click next, choose again,,click next

enter the info it asks for,,click next

It will show you your current wt loss and BMI

scroll down and copy the bbCode

to to EDIT SIGNATURE on lapbandtalk.com

paste it in the blank box,,click ok

Post something and it should show your ticker at the botton of the post.

I just did it for myself,,I was having a friend do it for me, cause I'm a dummy when it comes to these things!

Ya'll keep posting,,its comforting to see people close to me being successful!

WOW, Deb! You are doing great! 58 lbs down! Keep up the good work!