Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SOOO sick of slow weight loss! Need a good swift kick in the rear!!!

Slow to none, I should say. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with how far I've come. Still, I'm just not done losing weight. My surgeons goal for me was 170. My goal is 125 though. I didn't spend 13000 of my family's much needed money to only half-way accomplish my goal.

Here's what I am doing right now:

-I take my insulin-resistance meds daily

-My Breakfast is ALWAYS a Protein Shake (200 calories with lowfat milk) and I'm not generally hungry until lunch time with that.

-I track my calories and stick to under 1000 during the week days. Weekends I have between 12-1500 calories.

-I work out three times a week at the gym for about an hour each time (30 minutes on cardio and 30 minutes weight training) The other days I walk around my neighborhood or take the kids to the park and play kickball etc.

-I Think one issue is that I LOVE to have salad for dinner and even though I weigh and measure it, I think I may underestimate the calories for that....not sure

-I DO indulge in something chocolate like ice cream on the two days weekly I eat slightly more calories.

-I follow the rules about not drinking Water after meals

Here's what I was doing up until a few months ago that I am NOT doing now:

-I WAS taking a Multivitamin daily

-I WAS making sure I only had whole grain products

-I carried a water bottle everywhere to make sure I got enough water...now I'm not positive I'm getting enough- but the weird thing is that I'm getting sick of the taste of water.

NOW after all that- Any tips, thoughts, kicks in the butt to get me going??? I KNOW I want this, I KNOW I am not doing everything I can, so how do I remotivate? How do I get started????? ANY HELP????? Thanks!!!

PS- I never PB or slime anymore, sometimes I get that stuck feeling temporarily but I have really been doing pretty well at stopping eating BEFORE that.

I've really found I need five days of HARD exercise a week to keep weight moving off me. By all means kick the ball with the kids, but that's active leisure, not exercise. Go for a run also on those days or a really hard walk - for an hour. Perhaps increase your cardio on the days you're at the gym to 45 minutes to an hour.

What you're doing exercise wise is so fantastic, so good for you and fabulous for long term weight maintenance, and loss too, but it gets harder as you get lighter. Unfortunately weight loss can take some really extreme measures.

salad? Calories? Sometimes I think that I think of a salad in different terms - to me its lettuce, Tomato, cucumber, carrot, onion etc and tuna salad is a tossed salad with some tuna on top of it, not a Mayonnaise concoction. Is that what you mean? If you mean a tossed garden salad like I think of it, there's no way you can ruin your day's calories with that unless you drown it in fatty dressing. Things like that are nearly always "free" foods on any diet plan.

Sorry yes, it always STARTS a garden salad....but then I add two tablespoons of cooked chopped ham, an ounce of shredded cheese of some sort, and I admit, I ONLY like ranch dressing but I have been measuring out the tablespoons and using only two like the serving says...so its definetely not as healthy as a plain 'ol garden salad....I have never liked plain veggies unfortunately.

I just calculated your body weight/age on a site that figures out how many calories that you need daily just to maintain your current weight. JUST to maintain and not to lose or gain you'd have to consume about 2300 calories daily. So if you are not losing I'd suggest tracking your food on something like Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, Food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate or FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal because I have a hunch you might be taking in more calories than you realize. If you really were taking in about 1200 daily, you'd be losing weight at the rate of about 2 pounds weekly.

Congrats on your weight loss. I am the queen of slow loss (translation: non compliant bandster). I have not been good at all, and have only managed to lose as much as you. But it took ME almost 2 YEARS!! I went for another fill though last week, and I am exactly where I should be - FINALLY! I have lost like 8 pounds in a week and am not hungry at all. Maybe you just need a tweak instead of a kick in the butt?

I was going to suggest another fill, even a small one. I think the physical act of entering the doctor's office and stepping on the scale sort of slaps you mind back into weightloss focus. Try going back to basics for a week, as if you just had your band inserted and see what happens.

Sometimes you just need to shake things up from the routine to get the process kickstarted.

And, yes, drink ALL your Water. Especially in the summer!

All VERY good suggestions. I also suggest shaking up your exercise and eating routine. You said you have a Protein shake every morning and that your diet is fairly consistent. Perhaps you should have some scrambled eggs and fruit for breakfast for example. And perhaps you should try some more aerobics and less weight training for a spell. Like Jachute said, we all really should exercise pretty much every day. As our stamina builds, our routine should also build. For example, if you do aerobics for 30 minutes and it's gets easy for you, then step it up to 45 minutes. Our bodies tend to get used to "the same ole, same ole". I found on any of my previous "diets" that any time I hit a plateau of any length, I'd change up my routine and within days, the scale started to move again. Maybe it's time to take up a sport...volley ball is a great work out (especially in the sand) and MANY sports bars have leagues in the summer. These are all of course only suggestions, but there are ways to exercise without "exercising" per say. I HATE going to my group work outs...but I love the Water, so it's no biggie...and I LOVE riding my bike by the lake...it's not only exercise, but it's fun for me. Find something you think you'd enjoy and go for it. My next feat?? Roller Skates!!!! Oh yea! I used to LOVE skating as a kid and hope to do it again as soon as I get a little more weight off.

And, like others have suggested, it may be time for another fill :) Best of luck to ya!

Agree with WAS...with all the social, mental, and physical factors swirling around eating and weight loss, it really does come down to simple math: "calories in - calories out < 0" is the formula for success. One typical thumb rule is 11 (for women) or 12 (for men) times your weight is the number of calories per day to sustain that weight. For me, at 296 lbs, it would be roughly 3552 calories/day to keep me at my current weight. Anything below that on a daily basis will cause me to lose weight. Add in exercise, which burns more calories, and the weight loss will be greater.

Using a combination of reducing calories and exercise, a change of 1000 calories/day will cause two pounds/week weight loss. This can be eating 500 calories less and burning 500 calories in exercise, or whatever other combination.

I lost 80 lbs several years ago on a medically supervised 1000 calorie/day diet, but I gained it all back by straying from the diet...wasn't mentally prepared to commit to the plan.

Now that I've had the surgery, I think it is giving me that extra mental 'nudge' to control my eating. My first fill is next week, but so far I've been lucky enough to be able to keep my meals to 4 or 5 oz. of food, so I've been losing weight. I've been getting hungry before the next meal (wasn't right after surgery, but am now), so it is getting to be a bit more of a battle - looking forward to that fill next week.