Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days post op and awful shoulder pain?!

I got sleeved on June 29th and for the most part I'm doing very well. Nights are hard for me though and I usually need to take my pain meds to alleviate my shoulder pain in order for me to fall asleep! Did anyone else have horrible shoulder pain like I am?! It's a throbbing kind of pain and ice seems to help but only for a little

I don't think this is normal.

Have you called your surgeon? If not, please do so immediately.

I don't think this is normal.

Have you called your surgeon? If not, please do so immediately.

it was happening while at the hospital as well and I asked every doctor, fellow, etc that came in about it and they said it could be from pushing up on my diaphragm while doing the actual surgery, but I didn't think it would last this long!! ill ask again at my post op visit though

Just to second above, definitely get in touch with your surgeon. It might be something minor (you were strapped down on the table tightly and your nerves are still recovering) but shoulder pain can also be a symptom of more serious problems. You want to have a medical professional sort it out, not internet strangers on a message board. Good luck!

Yep I had it too. In fact, in the hospital on the 2nd day it was so bad I was almost in tears. They told me there was probably some gas trapped in there. I also had shoulder pain at home and figured out it was from using my arms more to push up off the couch, the chair, the toilet, etc.

I used some muscle rub and a heating pad and it finally went away. I have to be careful how I push myself up from a sitting position on I can strain the muscle again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches