Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Doctor For Kentucky Girl

I am going to be having my lap band done on July 21 by Dr. Gonzalez. I am doing some research trying to find a fill doctor near where I live. Even thought the fills are free with my chosen doctor the other costs (airfare $500-$800, transportation$60,hotel$80) of the cross country trip is a little high. I live in rural southeastern Kentucky, which is 1 1/2 hours from Lexington Ky and/or Knoxville Tennessee. If I could find someone within reasonable driving distance I could save some money & time. So far the closest doctor I saw mentioned was one in Ohio, which is at least a four hour drive for me. If there is anyone out there who can give me the names & cost of doctors that they use which would help me that would be great. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Vickie :ranger:

Hey Vickie,

I live in Southeastern KY too.....I bet you can guess where, (look at my sign on name!!) Anyways I have not had surgery or even have it scheduled, I am currently checking into all my options. I did talk to a Patient Represetative for one of the Mexican Doctors and she gave me this info, you may want to call these docs and find out more info:

Dr. Allen - Louisville 502-583-8303

Dr. Fragelman -Ohio 513-791-0707

Dr. Powell Frankfort- 502-867-6744

Hope this helps!!

Hello Suzie:

Thanks for the information. We live very close together, I live between Barbourville & Corbin. It would be great if we had our procedures close together that way we could be recovery buddies. I researched a lot of doctor in the US and Mexico and I decided to go with Dr. Gonzalez in Tijuana. Let me know if you want to chat farther or if I can be of any help and I will give you my e-mail address.

Vickie :eek:

Even though I don't know their names right off, there are a few fill doctors in Knoxville. I can try to find some names for you a little later.

Vickie,I have not got my band yet but I'm see a office in georgetown ky(live in versailles) and I think they have several offices around the state.

Vicki & s_springston - I have done a good amount of research and I thought that I was going to go to Monterey and get banded by Dr. Rumbaut, but the banding day, July 24 (mid week stay) they offer a discount but the airfare was too high.....not that money alone was going to make my decision. I never had the opportunity to speak to anyone but the patient representative (she is wonderful) but I thought that I should look around. Dr. Oritz, Dr. Huacruz so I did and I ended up on Dr. Gonzalez website and I was very impressed, so I made a call and actually was able to talk to one of his team. Wow, I was really impressed, he took the time to answer my questions and I am very impressed by the facilities and all the wonderful reviews on this site. Well I ending up deciding this is the team for me. Vicki, we are going to meet!......he had an opening July 21, (so awesome that he does weekends!) Now we will be banding buddies!!;)

i went to rumbaut he is really good i also get my fills from dr. allen on louisville ky. live in indiana he is good. went to indianapolis 1st time she missed the port charged 300.00 dr. allen had me call them for my money bach they gave me 225.00 back. DON,T

:clap2:Dr.rumbaut Is Really Good No Trouble At All. Dr Allen In Louisville,ky Is Really Good Fill Dr. $250.00 A Fill.

Thanks everyone for all the great information. Dr. Allen sounds like a good possible choice for my fills, but Knoxville would be the closest to travel for me so someone there would be the best. Suzie we are about to take a wonderful journey together, we have started as strangers, but hopefully we will end as friends.

Vickie :whoo:

Hi, I drive from WV to Lexington for my fills.

It's a pain but I don't know anywhere else closer to home.

I had my sugery done in MX in o5 by Dr Ortiz and he is the very best out there : )

He comes to the US to teach MDs here how to do the procedure.

I highly recommend him.

Anyway, look up Bluegrass Bariatrics on the internet and it will give you the locations. They took me in easily. They have you sign a paper to cover their own rear ends because they didn't install your band....but I expect that much : )

OMG,

I can't believe no one has mentioned Dr. Trace Curry to you. He is the surgeon that answers all of the complications threads on here and he is fabulous. I went to Monterrey Mexico and had surgery with the world reknown Dr. Sanchez/ Dr. Zapata, they were fabulous. Anywho,

Dr. Curry is in Cinci, has done thousands of these and is known all over the world. I live in Paducah Kentucky and drive 5 hours each way to see him and there are doctors who do fills as close as 45 min.s from me but after paying cash for my band I'm very picky about who I let do my fills. Give him a look. You can search him on here, there are bunches and bunches of us who use him and he honestly is the best in my opinion. Here is his website.

Trace W. Curry, M.D. Lap Band Surgeon :: Home

Keep me informed, I'm not to far from you,

I just seen him last week.

Hi, Dr. Allen`s office in Lou. Ky. 502-583-8303. He charges 1,100 for all the fills you want the first year. After that it is 250 a fill. There are several doctors there. Donna

Hi Did Dr. Allen charge you 1,100 for fills for a year? They said i have to have that up front. I went ahead and made an app. for Aug. 31st. Seems a little high though. Donna