Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone!!! My name is Krystyne, I'm 28, a wife, mother of 2 biological children and 1 step-child and I'm new to gastric sleeve. I have been on here since 2011. So to make a long story short, I have PCOS and have been battling a weight issue since I was 12 years old. I joined because I was going to go for Lap Band then they switched me to Gastric Bypass and I had surgery scheduled for August 3, 2012. Well I canceled it 3 days before hand. My reasoning? I never truly felt comfortable with having my intestines moved around and I truly didn't know anything about the sleeve or I would have told them I wanted that instead. They never even mentioned it to me. So then my grandma passed away October 12, 2012. I gained some weight back after losing a lot of weight from pretty much starving myself. Then I found out on January 12, 2013 that I was pregnant with my son. I only gained 27 pounds during my pregnancy with him. Then at my follow up since I had a c-section, my OBGYN informed me that my son was originally a twin but I had miscarried his twin at 7 weeks when I thought I was having a miscarriage all along. His reasoning to waiting to tell me until after I had my son? I have had 12 miscarriages. I have PCOS so it's been a struggle to get pregnant and to stay pregnant. So last september, exactly a year after my son was born, I weighed in at 330 lbs OMG I had promised to never let myself see the number 3 in front of 00 again but I failed.

So fast forward to a month ago. I've been wanting to have weight loss surgery for A LONG TIME because I've struggled losing weight and keeping it off. My husband and I want another baby. I've been busy raising our two kids, working full time, being a nursing student, being a Mary Kay consultant AND my husband was an over the road truck driver up until this past March so he was only home 2-4 days a month. I honestly had put myself on the back burner. I am now ready to take a step in the right direction and be a healthier me.

I wanted to go for Lap Band but after reading all the horrible stories of it slipping and then needing it removed and gaining the weight back and others who had to have it removed and gone back under to have the gastric sleeve, I told myself HECK NO!!! So that is why I'm now going for the gastric sleeve. I'm excited. I was nervous about leakage until I educated myself even further. I honestly thought that your stomach didn't heal after and that it was the staples holding your stomach together and blah blah blah WRONG!!! your stomach does heal over the staples and it looks like a normal (but smaller) stomach.

I have PCOS too! The struggle is Def real! My fiance and I would love to have another baby as well, and I think this surgery will help us achieve that goal among other things.. regaining my health is soooo worth anything! I'd love the sleeve too and I think my surgeon will probably give me the option between sleeve and bypass. I'm still doing research and trying to decide. So how far into your journey are you?

I have PCOS too! The struggle is Def real! My fiance and I would love to have another baby as well, and I think this surgery will help us achieve that goal among other things.. regaining my health is soooo worth anything! I'd love the sleeve too and I think my surgeon will probably give me the option between sleeve and bypass. I'm still doing research and trying to decide. So how far into your journey are you?

I go July 10th for my first visit. I went through this back in 2012 like I said and I canceled my surgery 3 days before my scheduled date because I didn't feel comfortable with having gastric bypass done because of them rerouting the intestines and everything. They said it should go fast this time since I already have my 6 months worth of visits with my nutritionist. I'm hoping to be sleeved by christmas :)

Hi everyone!!! My name is Krystyne, I'm 28, a wife, mother of 2 biological children and 1 step-child and I'm new to gastric sleeve. I have been on here since 2011. So to make a long story short, I have PCOS and have been battling a weight issue since I was 12 years old. I joined because I was going to go for Lap Band then they switched me to Gastric Bypass and I had surgery scheduled for August 3, 2012. Well I canceled it 3 days before hand. My reasoning? I never truly felt comfortable with having my intestines moved around and I truly didn't know anything about the sleeve or I would have told them I wanted that instead. They never even mentioned it to me. So then my grandma passed away October 12, 2012. I gained some weight back after losing a lot of weight from pretty much starving myself. Then I found out on January 12, 2013 that I was pregnant with my son. I only gained 27 pounds during my pregnancy with him. Then at my follow up since I had a c-section, my OBGYN informed me that my son was originally a twin but I had miscarried his twin at 7 weeks when I thought I was having a miscarriage all along. His reasoning to waiting to tell me until after I had my son? I have had 12 miscarriages. I have PCOS so it's been a struggle to get pregnant and to stay pregnant. So last september, exactly a year after my son was born, I weighed in at 330 lbs OMG I had promised to never let myself see the number 3 in front of 00 again but I failed.

So fast forward to a month ago. I've been wanting to have weight loss surgery for A LONG TIME because I've struggled losing weight and keeping it off. My husband and I want another baby. I've been busy raising our two kids, working full time, being a nursing student, being a Mary Kay consultant AND my husband was an over the road truck driver up until this past March so he was only home 2-4 days a month. I honestly had put myself on the back burner. I am now ready to take a step in the right direction and be a healthier me.

I wanted to go for Lap Band but after reading all the horrible stories of it slipping and then needing it removed and gaining the weight back and others who had to have it removed and gone back under to have the gastric sleeve, I told myself HECK NO!!! So that is why I'm now going for the gastric sleeve. I'm excited. I was nervous about leakage until I educated myself even further. I honestly thought that your stomach didn't heal after and that it was the staples holding your stomach together and blah blah blah WRONG!!! your stomach does heal over the staples and it looks like a normal (but smaller) stomach.

Hi Krystyne!

I'm Valerie, I had the sleeve done on May 13, 2015, I am down 39 lbs. as of this morning! I highly recommend to anyone interested to watch the surgery on YouTube, fascinating! And as a nursing student, it should creep you out :) It's actually a fairly fast surgery and I had watched it several times before my own. I have had ups and downs since of course (constipation, heartburn, etc....just getting used to the new pouch [named her Rosarita btw since she loves Mexican food lol]) There is so much to research and I had researched WLS for about 17 years before I finally did it.

​I give you mad props for canceling before! If it doesn;t feel right or if you aren;t ready...DO NOT DO IT! Do not let ANYONE pressure you into anything like this...it is a MAJOR life change and you must do it for you, when and if you are ready. This time for me, pre surg weight loss seemed easier (lost 62 pounds before surgery from my highest weight of 383 last year) and I had no butterflies at all...I was SO ready and I do not regret it for one second, no matter what (so far ;) )

Good Luck!!

Hi Krystyne!

I'm Valerie, I had the sleeve done on May 13, 2015, I am down 39 lbs. as of this morning! I highly recommend to anyone interested to watch the surgery on YouTube, fascinating! And as a nursing student, it should creep you out :) It's actually a fairly fast surgery and I had watched it several times before my own. I have had ups and downs since of course (constipation, heartburn, etc....just getting used to the new pouch [named her Rosarita btw since she loves Mexican food lol]) There is so much to research and I had researched WLS for about 17 years before I finally did it.

​I give you mad props for canceling before! If it doesn;t feel right or if you aren;t ready...DO NOT DO IT! Do not let ANYONE pressure you into anything like this...it is a MAJOR life change and you must do it for you, when and if you are ready. This time for me, pre surg weight loss seemed easier (lost 62 pounds before surgery from my highest weight of 383 last year) and I had no butterflies at all...I was SO ready and I do not regret it for one second, no matter what (so far ;) )

Good Luck!!

I'm still nervous about everything but I have to do it. I've been struggling for 16 years. I have major anxiety and panic attacks so no matter what my anxiety will be there. Congrats on the weight loss that's awesome!!! I feel a lot more ready now then I did back 3 years ago :)

Very awesome! Let's keep each other up to date

Most definitely!!! I added you as a friend on here