Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Band to Sleeve Success Stories Out There?!?

How are they doing with weight loss? I was scared that I would have all this done and it would be the same as the band

Same here.

Concerned with being able to get it off and keep it off

Yah I'm gonna try really hard

So I was the same as both of you. I went through the process of band removed in April and sleeved in June. I'll tell you honestly it isn't magic. I feel that I can eat more than some out there who claim to only eat a few bites. I don't know if this is the band, or the fact that I ate tiny portions for years and am used to eating slowly. I can tell you for sure that the ravenous insatiable hunger that I felt when my band removed is gone and I am satisfied with 3-6 ozs of food at almost 7 weeks out. I am down about 25lbs from surgery and am not exercising a ton yet. Hope that helps. My understanding with the sleeve is that you might lose slower but after 2 years it ends up being the same as bypass. I'm not sure if this is true but I think that bypass runs a greater risk of stretching the pouch than we do with our sleeve. The stretchy part of our stomach was removed. I really recommend seeing a surgeon who had done a lot of band to sleeve revisions. Hope this helps!

Edited to say I plan on being a success :) check back here in a year :).

Edited by Bndtoslv

Hey thanks!!

Appreciate you taking the time to share your advice!!

Greatly appreciated

Just gonna try REALLY hard to stay away from the sugar and carbs. I was telling Pinkgirl, that it seems sometimes that's all I can eat for some reason. .. is sugar. But I'm determined to get this weight off. Started at 360 went down to 260 with the band and then back up to 290. Want to lose 145!!

Just gonna try REALLY hard to stay away from the sugar and carbs. I was telling Pinkgirl, that it seems sometimes that's all I can eat for some reason. .. is sugar. But I'm determined to get this weight off. Started at 360 went down to 260 with the band and then back up to 290. Want to lose 145!!

I'm happy to share. I am no expert yet but I do think for many reasons the experience of former band patients is very different. I do think that a part of it is that we have experienced restriction in some cases for many years. I think that manifests a few ways, possibly we aren't "shocked" by eating 1/2-2/3 cup at a time. Possibly also our metabolisms are screwed at this point too. :)

Yah I am worried about that. That I won't lose a bunch of weight cause I'm used to restriction. I gotta try tho. I have a husband and a 1 year old daughter and I'm not ready to have heart attack or something deadly. I want to play with her and have energy!

You can do it. I did this for same reasons I have a 3 yr old and 5 yr old.

Yep it changes everything. She's my world and I want to feel good and healthy! I gotta quit watching YouTube videos and crap cause it freaks me out

Yep it changes everything. She's my world and I want to feel good and healthy! I gotta quit watching YouTube videos and crap cause it freaks me out

Honestly? The band surgery was much harder for me. This was a piece of cake and the food progression no big deal.

Sweet! How long have you had it and how much have you lost?

I am 7 weeks out and have lost 34 pounds. I didn't tell anyone and everyday people are asking how much weight I have loss. It's been a ride so far and I can't hardly eat anything. Surgery was easy and so far I have lost 7inches off my waist and an inch and a half off my neck.