Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Altered Sleep Schedule

I was sleeved 6/11. Before surgery I was always a night owl, going to bed around midnight or later. Since surgery I am turning out the lights around 10. I figure my body isn't getting the energy/nutrition it was used to so it wants to rest sooner?

I actually kind of like it, feel like I can embrace a longer day.

Anyone else notice significant changes to their sleeping pattern?

I get off work at 12am and home by 1am. I would still not sleep well. After surgery I was sleeping though the night and not getting up going to the bathroom three times within a 5 to 6 hour of the night. Now I sleep though the night and always wake up rested.

At this point you are definitely still healing so you should be getting tired sooner. I have heard of some folks who have had their sleeping patterns changed after surgery.

I also now sleep through the night and early on I was ed and went to bed early. It is much better now at 6 weeks out for me.

Definitely sleeping A LOT more post op. Before surgery 6-7 hours, after 8-9 hours. My doctor told me that this should resolve itself after 12 weeks or so.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches