Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just decided last week to get the sleeve. I was going in for a band removal (slippage), get GERD fixed, and removal of gallbladder; but recently was told I'm diabetic. I've been pre diabetic for a year, but the crap hit the fan a month ago!

My bariatric doc told me 2 years ago that if I had not lost a significant amount of weight, I should consider the sleeve. The diabetes diagnosis threw me for a loop, and I figured since they are already in there, now is the time!

I lost 49 lbs with the band, but I would have done it without. It worked great for a year, but then I busted my butt to lose more and keep it up!

I've been obese my entire life! I'll be 50 next year, and I'm so tired all the time! I have IgA Nephropathy (kidney) that makes me exhausted all the time. I have to drop this weight if I am going to have a chance at life!

I cannot remember the last time I was under 300lbs! When I hit the 200s, I'll be the happiest ever!!! I'm 323 now, hoping the sleeve will give me the push needed to lose weight for my health!

Good Luck Everyone!

Hi,lisaluvsgreys

Im nervous about the surgery part and also the liquid diet , im sorry that u were dx with diabetes that sux but its awesome how you never give up I too can't remember the last time I was under 300!

I was alway over weight and im tired of being sick and tired

Good luck! We can all do this! I am done with all my prerequisites on Aug 19th- then my doctor will submit for approval. I'm hoping for mid-September. Our past does not need to dictate our future! We can all support each other and become healthy.

Thank you for the support! I'm wishing y'all the best of luck too!

Prayers for you both!

MarciaN my next appt. With the surgeon on 7/21 he will give me surgery dates I think it will be late aug. Early sept. There. Is just alot of pre-op appt. The surgeon make his pt. Take classes

MarciaN my next appt. With the surgeon on 7/21 he will give me surgery dates I think it will be late aug. Early sept. There. Is just alot of pre-op appt. The surgeon make his pt. Take classes

That is great!!! I had to take classes, see a nutritionist, a psych, and finally got the approval! It seemed like an eternity! I know we're so excited to get going, but it is life changing, and you need to be prepared. I'm in the process of preparing myself for my life to change drastically! Forever! The sleeve is not reversible, but the diabetes is!!!! I will be focusing on health from this day forward!

I just ordered some books: "ultimate gastric sleeve guide" and a WLS low fat/high Protein Cookbook. I will also need to start saving for a full body lift too!

I'll definitely try to follow y'all's progress!

I was initially discouraged when I found out I needed 6 NUT spots, psych evaluation, sleep study, exercise class. But I am taking this time to prepare for the rest of my life. Already lost 38 pounds and hoping for another 12 or so before surgery. I now realize how wise my insurance company is for making me take all this time. Surgery seems scary but everyone's support makes each day a little better.

I needed a psych eval,nut,sleep study,labs and a 4 week pre op classes thats where I am now then after that is the 2 week liquid diet if they give u the ok

It sounds like you've already got your head in place and that's normally half the battle, which is a good place to begin.

I think you've made a very wise well thought out decision, and you're going to work that sleeve like it's going out of style!

Good luck!

I was initially discouraged when I found out I needed 6 NUT spots, psych evaluation, sleep study, exercise class. But I am taking this time to prepare for the rest of my life. Already lost 38 pounds and hoping for another 12 or so before surgery. I now realize how wise my insurance company is for making me take all this time. Surgery seems scary but everyone's support makes each day a little better.

It definitely gets you ready for the lifestyle change! You will be more than ready when your surgery date hits!

It sounds like you've already got your head in place and that's normally half the battle, which is a good place to begin.

I think you've made a very wise well thought out decision, and you're going to work that sleeve like it's going out of style!

Good luck!

Thank you! I appreciate the encouragement!