Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 months out........heres my totals

Started at 295. Pre surgery loss was 20 lbs which had me at 270lbs before. Had surgery march 23rd. 3 months out and am at 233.8 which puts me down 36.2 lbs after surgery. Alittle discouraged by after surgery loss so far. So down 61.2lbs total. I know I liked reading others results early out to know if I was doing bad or good. Lol

I am 7 weeks today and thought I would be a bit closer to 200, but I will take the loss that I have so far and strive to get more Water in and less carbs! Thanks for sharing, you and I are neck and neck at the 230ish range :D

I am 7 weeks post op started at 297 was my high weight my pre op appointment i was 293 and surgery i was 274, i am 251.6 today i am 5'2

I know I liked reading others results early out to know if I was doing bad or good. Lol

You shouldn't compare your progress to others. That is the path to frustration and misery. Every body is different and everyone loses at t different pace. A "slow" loss is not necessarily any reflection on your effort or how "bad" you are doing.

Pace of loss is something that is very much out of your control. It's much more important to focus on the things you CAN control and trust in the process.

I'm 9 weeks out and have dropped 43lbs. from highest weight and 32 lbs from surgery date. I also had a complication and had to have another major surgery the same day. Keep in mind that a lot of your stomach has been removed and that throws off your whole bodies digestive juices. Stalls happen when your body is trying to right itself ( I've had a 2 week stall already) I've forgotten to eat as my appetite isn't there so I've set reminders on my phone to go off when I need a meal and a snack. it's been very helpful. also, I forget to drink sometimes (I have a brain injury). I was surprised when I went to the surgeon yesterday and had lost that much even with my not sticking to the meal schedule and drinking. I only weigh at the surgeons, between times, I go by how loose my clothes are feeling. The MOST important changes i've had so far is my diabetes is almost in normal range no more shots and only taking 1 pill a day, my blood pressure is normal with only taking 1 pill a day instead of 4. (hasn't been normal in 30 years! I was maxed out on medication for it too). As far as exercise, I hate it so I just increased my walking and track it. I know I covered more than what you asked about. I just wanted to give you a bigger picture. Just do the best that you can avoiding sugars and carbs. I've stopped grabbing food out (but I will get a Wendy's baked potato with chilli on occasion). My health improving is what I focus on, the loss of weight is an added bonus. I know it will eventually get there. I keep in mind that even if it comes down to losing 4-5 lbs a week....it's still waaayyyyy more than I could do on my own. I'll take it and be happy that it's going in the right direction. My mental health has changed tremendously. My kids even tell me I am acting happier. It's changed so many things to the positive in the past 9 weeks that I don't want to stay focused on how much i'm losing. I feel so much better about myself. Before, it didn't matter what I tried to lose weight...I couldn't do it and I lived in fear that I would hit 300lbs and keep going. Now, I am so happy. I have a ways to go (i'm at 212) but I am going to Celebrate when I get under 200 and now it seems possible.

I forgot to tell you Congrats! Not just in losing the weight you have, but the courage to take this step to live a healthier life! I wish you continued success.