Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandster hell is horrible! Ughhhh

I am 5 weeks post op, have had one fill (1cc was all he'd do at 4 weeks post op)

I go back for another fill in a couple days but I am so desperate to get to my green zone! Because I am constantly hungry..I try to stick to 3 small meals, eating slow, not drinking after meals, etc. But as soon as I realize I can eat anything I want and not follow those rules/plan..I mess up and do everything I shouldn't..

It's so tough to stay on track right now

I am also worried because I have eaten way more than I should several times now, and way too fast, could that have done any damage?

I really need the band to work for me asap, so I am forced to make the changes in my eating habits, until then it's still the constant battle I have dealt with forever..dieting over and over and constantly beating myself up everytime I fail.

Just needed to vent I guess. :-/

I am worried that I will be able to eat whatever I want soon. I am moving from liquids to mush tomorrow (2 weeks post op). In the last two days I have started to feel hungry and I have another 4 weeks before my first fill. I need some tips on keeping to the plan too. I feel your pain :-(

The band is adjustable, and needs to be adjusted.....having this surgery means you have it installed, nothing else...it can take weeks - months to get it working properly.

The Dr. does it slowly, in stages, because YOU need to adjust also along with the band getting tighter....

I am at 7cc's...have been for over 4 years....My Dr. once commented, "imagine if you were given that amount of restriction during surgery?"

Years and years of eating all the wrong foods the wrong way had to slowly change.....was the most difficult part of the process.....yes, it was Hell....a real struggle. Very frustrating and HARD. Definitely not the easy way out!

At times I thought all the negatives...It does not work, I'm going to fail, I made a big mistake....

But eventually I did break out to the other side and ever since then it has been the most easiest thing I could have ever done...and still is today. Effortless!! It did become the easy way after all....

This thing does work! But we have to get there first, and unfortunately, from what I read here everyday, not everyone does. Or at least choose and accept it at the stage they wish to.

My surgeon was of the small frequent fills school of thought. I got my first one a month out then went back each week for, I think, three more. Then I was good for a while. In retrospect I really needed that time to address the behavior modification -- I was a very fast eater and needed to learn how to slow down. Also my body's signals. Turns out hunger is not my enemy. It's healthy! What? I know, crazy talk, but it's true. These days I welcome hunger and I love satiety. The ability to be finished rather than not being able to stop. It's beautiful having the appetite dimmed. You will get there! Keep all your appointments. Keep noticing everything. And keep in touch. Best wishes.