Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on June 4th. Boy, they really don't warn you about all the possible little side effects. After surviving gas pains that felt like I was being stabbed and an allergic reaction to the surgical glue which caused all my incisions to blister, I thought I was finally coming out of the woods. But now my new issue is that my lips and sometimes my mouth, are covered with these invisible but painful sores/bumps. They seem to come out mostly after I eat anything. They look like hives. Has anyone experienced anything like this after surgery. It started when I was about 2 weeks post-op and is not getting better. I'm taking all my Vitamins and I'm wondering if it's an allergic reaction to them. Someone mentioned it might be a Vitamin deficiencybut how could that be when I am taking all the vitamins. I'm not using anything new and I'm eating very bland foods, mostly cottage cheese, yogurt and egg beaters. Any ideas?

It "could be" an allergic reaction but that likely would not be only in your mouth? Dehydration can cause those symptoms. You need to call your surgeon's office for the best advice. Good luck!

I can't offer any advice other than see your GP as soon as you can. I hope its resolved and you feel better soon!

Hugs

Kate

I've had a couple a month since getting sleeved in February never had any before

Water, Water and more water. Also try adding some L-Lysine to your Vitamins. Pre-sleeve, you were most likely getting enough from red meat. The pills are huge so you will have to crush them. They also sell lip balm that has it. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches