Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm new at this, too. I'm so new that I don't even have a port. But I gotta keep my sense of humor, otherwise I'll crack up altogether. I get paid to be serious 40 hours out of the week. The rest of the time is just for laughing.

Delarla: You are a "crack up" but I love ya anyway. Hmmm. Where is my banana split? HMMM!!!

gagirl,

I am about 34 days Post-op and have lost 10 pounds. I am very discouraged and keep thinking "what am I doing wrong here" I too see that everyone seems to be losing more in the first month than I have so it is hard to see the light ahead for me too. I am hoping that after my first fill next week I will start to see some significant changes. But for right now, I can eat way more than what is recommended. Not nearly as much as before the band, but still not 1/2 cup of food! We are Georgia twins! I feel the same way but I try to hang on to all of the post here from the ladies that have done it before us and see what they went through and know that it will get better.

!

I think I only lost like 12 lbs my first month. I'm sure that was Water from around my ankles too. Something else to consider, if you are on the lighter end of the scale, you're loss will definitely be slower. It's okay. 10 years from now, no one will care if you lost 50 or 100lbs in a year. They'll just be glad you're still alive.. :P

It's okay. 10 years from now, no one will care if you lost 50 or 100lbs in a year. They'll just be glad you're still alive.. :P

Leatha, this brought tears to my eyes!! I really needed this today! Thank you!

Leatha, this brought tears to my eyes!! I really needed this today! Thank you!

You're quite welcome, m'dear. Tis true, too...

hi,

gagirl, all that is said is so true, be patient with yourself, there is so much you are going to learn about yourself. some things you'll like and somethings you won't like, and it take time. but, is to test your endurance, to what, you really want, and are willing to fight for, we've all gone thur this in one way or another, tears, pain, with jokes, with a smile on our faces, so no one would know, how ,really hard and difficult it really, it's ... they even think is a peice of cake, the weight just comes right off. but, we all know, is the hardest, test of our love for our own health, that's at stake here. and to see our family's and play with our kids, and enjoy just, one day , without been an outsider. to ourself... so please, hang in their, becareful, and eat slow very slow. that advise here. is like pearls, hang them around your neck and show that, you can do it, give it time, feel better,...

margie..

--------------------------------------

4/5/04

295/257.8/ -37

THUR PAIN AND SUFFERING WE LEARN ENDURANCE...AND WE GROW

We should have funerals for the foods we can no longer eat. I can see how depressing this is going to be. I haven't gotten out of my house except to walk my dog since my surgery, but have a wedding shower and baby shower in one day this Saturday. My true feelings will probably come out then. No petite fors for me! I will have a moment of silence I am sure of it.!!

Kim

HI, KIM

WE FEEL YOUR PAIN, TAKE HEART, AND DON'T LOSE YOUR WIT ABOUT YOURSELF , BE NICE, AND REMMBER, YOU LOVE THEM... WE'RE CHEERING FOR YOU.

BE STRONG...

MARGIE

------------------------------------

margie

295/257.8/-37

TO EACH OF US OUR DAY WILL COME....

I was strong. I slowly sipped my Water as they dug into their cheesecake and fingerfoods. 1 hurdle down millions to go. I am 18 pounds down and know that if I hadn't had this band I would have eaten my way through this weekend. That's why I am so glad I got it before Christmas and not after...would have just had more weight to lose. Watch out world, cause I'm on my way back...

hi, guys

kim,you did so well, just think , now, you have thanksgiving to gravel over, and you can do it too.

we need to remmber this is not a miracle cure for any of us, we have to put, 99% of our owe, efforts into it , for each pound that goes down,

you really worked off temtation, to get it down, know body did that, if you look at it as pounds, you won't see, how much good you did and all you fought that day or week, and all it took to get it off.

just think, in one day, while, every one was eatting, a 5oz. pork chop, with 3 big spoons of potatoe salad, and one half cup of corn, and cornbread, dessert, one and one half cup of ice cream ,just think,....

you had 2oz. of meat, 1oz of mash potate. 1oz. of corn , but, you got off the table, and felt, that you won a battle, that at one point would beat your conscious. and at times beat you so bad, you might have cryied yourself to sleep at the thought that you had failed... (now with the band), you can have a sense of peace, that someone is helping you, keeping you on the straight and narrow, and not beatting yourself up, or eatting your heart out,.... you all do so good... and acomplished, so much,... in just one day, give yourselfs a chance to refect..on how hard, each day, and week is .. and give yourselfs a hand...; ) .... no one in the family did this but, you, and still took care of your family , the house, dinner, hosted when , friends come over, saw the kids off to school. etc....etc.... wow, you've done good.....and to top it off, you've lose weight.... not gain..... you've done good....

give yourself a chance to feel good about yourself.. forgive yourself.. only you can do it. nobody knows your mind but, you...don't feel guilty, about being happy. for the first time in years.. allow yourselfs that feeling.. your health depends on it,,so badly to get better... ... you've punished yourselfs enough.. don't cry tonite....let it be tears of joy... for all you have acomplished. for those 5 or 10lbs you lost......be happy , tomorrow is another day that comes upon us as we sleep.... :Bunny

margie

--------------------------------------

margie

295/257.8/-37

GIVE YOURSELF THE CHANCE NOBODY CAN GIVE US, TO BE AT PEACE WITH OURSELFS.

Guest FatNHappy

I'm new at this, too. I'm so new that I don't even have a port. But I gotta keep my sense of humor, otherwise I'll crack up altogether. I get paid to be serious 40 hours out of the week. The rest of the time is just for laughing.

I am waiting insurance approval and this "no port" really got me wondering what that is all about. I thought the band was always installed with a port. Can you please explain this to me?