Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Support person/Spouse Surgery Document

I'm trying to find some kind of pamphlet or document for my husband for after my surgery. Something to explain all the rules/diet/requirements/life changes/emotional changes that will be happening to me. I have done my research and learned it all from so many resources but cannot find something simple and to the point to give my husband. He's willing to learn - which is huge for him - but it has to be something fairly concise but I really want him to get the full idea of what is all to come. Help?

You posted at 2:34 a.m. That means you were up thinking when you ought to be sleeping!

This website has a fairly direct explanation. http://www.yourbariatricsurgeryguide.com/gastric-bypass-recovery/

This is from here: http://www.bariatricpal.com/page/info/after-surgery/after_weight_loss_surgery.html

There is a sidebar menu on the right. One of the categories is Diet Progression. Helpful info, direct and to the point.

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. Support of family and friends is a gift from God.

Congratulations on making the decision to have surgery. Has your husband been to any of your appointments or read any information here? Perhaps he could join to get support from the wonderful people here?

KIindest wishes in your journey and please let us know how the surgery goes :-)

Kate

I am the spouse and DH has just started the process and we are hoping for a late September, early October date. He has to do 3 month supervised and crossing fingers that Aetna will pay for his band to sleeve revision. On our first appointment. And yes, I say our since I want to be his biggest supporter, we got a pretty extensive binder with all the information pre and post surgery. Did your surgeon not provide that to you? I am slowly reading through it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by marcy0912

No my husband hasn't been to my appt. I've only had one and it was a year ago. He can't go to my pre-op appt this week due to work. He is not a social guy to go to support groups, does not do computers and not really a reader so I'm super lucky he's even willing to read 1 or 2 sheets a paper. I've told him all I've learned (no binder from my doc...just a seminar and one on one with the surgeon) but he wants what he calls a 'cheat sheet' with all the important facts.