Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I thought I'd start our very own NSV thread. For those who don't know, and NSV is a 'non-scale victory'.

Sooo... I went to Starbucks earlier with a friend and had to put on 'real' clothes cause I couldn't wear shorts due to bending over to shave my legs is still painful. ANYWAY... I put on my 'fat' jeans that I had to buy last Fall cause NONE of my other jeans fit me, and they were falling OFF of me. I know I haven't lost much yet, and these jeans have always been a bit baggy, but I'm seriously thrilled that these huge super fat jeans are now too big to wear! They will be the first item of clothing I put in the 'Goodwill' box! I'm so excited!! :clap2:

Well, I started at a tight 26 jeans and I am now in comfortable size 22 and tops were 24 or 26 and are now 18/20. Feels so good to get into clothes I didn't think I'd ever get back into! The problem? I have more 24's and 26's than 18-22's! (and I refuse to buy new clothes until the 20-22's are falling off!) ;)

How FANTASTIC!

I'm jealous, though! ;)

You guys have lost 19 and 37 lbs, respectively and have changed sizes. I have lost almost 50 and haven't changed sizes at all, waaaaaaaaaa!

I have lost almost 25 lbs and have not changed sizes either. The clothes feel a little more comfortable but not falling off. I am a little jealous too. I have been walking a little bit but not a lot of exercise, maybe that is the key.

Maybe, but I've been working out pretty heavily (pre-op) three times a week 45 min-50mins at a time. Recumbent stepper, rower, elliptical, treadmill, bike...

No no no... I haven't changed sizes so much as that my super fat jeans, which were already loose and baggy on my, are now falling off. They've always been big, but now they are too big. This is very exciting to me because when I bought them, I purposly bought them a bit big knowing that by Fall thay would be tight. I felt defeted and depressed that day, buying them. (size 30!!) My 28 jeans are still tight on me, but I'm just happy to see the 30's going BYE BYE!

I've dropped a size too, but more importantly, I can wear my wedding ring again! It's still a little snug, but I CAN get it on and off without any trouble. Also, my shoes are loser...huh...are we SUPPOSED to lose weight in out feet? I hope so!

lo2us, that post makes me smile. Back in '05, I spent about $1000 to have my wife's wedding set resized (larger) and guards put on both sides of the original rings. The jeweler did a fantastic job, Joy just about had a breakdown waiting to get it back and I was well "thanked" afterwards. Now....18 months after band surgery and almost 60 pounds later, I'm looking at having to have the dang thing resized again (smaller). She reached up the other night to flip some hair back into place and it almost went sailing across the room....and I would GLADLY pay the price again.

I have a pair of jeans that I tried on about 3 weeks before surgery and they were SO tight, I could barely get them on. Now they fit me perfectly! I'm hoping they get to be too big for me soon...

Thanks Suzzie! We should start the fat jeans graveyard!

I honestly can't see a difference in my body at all. I don't expect to see one until I really lose more weight. But I had lunch with a friend today who I haven't seen in about 2 months and she kept saying how good I look and that I've lost weight -- she doesn't know I'm banded, so it meant a lot to hear it honestly from someone. My husband keeps saying that he can see that I've lost weight, but part of me thinks he's been saying it to make me feel good :eek:

I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but I visited my PCP today to see how the half dose of BP meds are going and he took me off them all together! WOOHOO!

Suzzzie: Way to go! What an accomplishment!! Those 28s will feel perfect here in no time.

Musicalmomma: Sounds like that's a good predicament to be in...not enough of the smaller sized clothes yet...but treat yourself. You've lost 37 pounds! You deserve a smaller clothes buy...I'm going to try to do something special for myself every 20 pounds and at big milestones (50, 75, 100). And I have a friend who was banded in Feb. and her birthday is a month before mine so we have a deal...in September between our birthdays we're to have a shopping spree...$1 for every pound we've lost and we're going to a local thrift store to get us some new clothes. She's lost 25 so far and I'm at 18.7

faithmd: Don't be discouraged...we all lose in different places. I've seen my loss in my face and unfortunately in my bra size...I'm still wearing same pants (mostly due to swelling/hematoma at port site).

lo2us: A great NSV! One I'm looking forward to as well...I'm hoping that's one benefit of the band that I'll see. Way to go!!!

My NSV? I started back to work Monday. When a coworker of mine walked in she took one look at me and said "Beckie, you're already losing! You look great!" I actually think she meant it...I don't believe she was just being polite. I've had 5 others stop by to see how I'm doing and all have commented that I look like I've lost already or that I look great.