Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Foood...*sad face* tips for full fluid

OKay guys, I'm dying

lol

This Full Fluid is killing me, it was okay for the first couple of days, but now that I'm starting to get an appitite back...ugh!!

Anyone got any tips?

I'm painfully counting down the days till mushies, boy do I miss meats and fish

Also, did anyone start mushies a day or two earlier?

Cause man, I'm getting hungry and it's hard for these fluids to cut it.

Not to mention I've been dreaming about a hamburger, and seem to see them everywhere! Tv, bilboards, movies(oceans 13, lol)

Hi Consafo,

I'm 1 day your juniour and I'm finding the full fluids ok, I'm really enjoying the Soups. I must admit I have had on odd slightly lumpy Soup. Got caught on a road trip and Tim Hortons soup was a bit lumpy, mashed it to bits before it went down. I problably do have more than half a cup but nothing in quantity that I feel is excess. I am actually worrying that I may not be getting enough calories, how totally weird is that. I tend to have a cup of protien shake made with milk an yorgurt in the morning, maybe a milky coffee mid morning, then a cup of soup and fruit juice for lunch and similar for supper. I'm totally full after each meal, stuffed, it's amazing. Do you get full when you've had your meals, if not have a little more. Have you taken your strips off yet, I thank you for saving me the mishap of removing mine 3 days post op! Mine are off now and I swear I can barely see the cuts, nice one Dr Yau! Hope your feeling a little fuller.

Jx

Hi Consafo,

I know the feeling. When I went in for my 2 week check up the nurse told me I could try the puree diet a few days early but to stop if I was experiencing any difficulties. I started on pureed foods 3 days ealier. I started with mashed potatoes and I was fine. My suggestion to you is that your puree/mash the food thoroghly.

Good luck and continued success!! :clap2:

Hmm, good idea

Because Soup is just...eugh

I've been dreaming about tuna fish with a little mayo + mustard

Also scrambled egg with ketchup..mmm...(i know ketchup's bad, but I can't stand the taste of egg)

Hi Consafo,

I'm on fluids and I have added some fat free pudding, and apple sauce, I take about 1/2 c at a time. I also told the doc i was adding these, all he asked was did I keep it down. I found the clear fluids were not cutting it for me either. I was banded on June 2 so I am a little ahead of you, but I did add these the about 7 days after surgery. Good luck!!!

Consafo I would be careful with the tuna. I am 2 months post op and I have trouble with it. Stay away from bread too. I used to smash up some crackers in my Soup and let them sit a bit to get soggy. You could have more than the 1/2 cup, I sure did. Better to add mashed potatoes or applesauce, yoghurt etc than havig meat too early.