Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Attack of Head Hunger!

I need some help and support.... I am 12 days post op and had been doing awesome until today. I have not had any hunger or cravings but all of the sudden head hunger kicked in! All I can think about is having some real non liquid food! Any ideas of how to outsmart my brain and forget about solid food!?!

First of all really well done and welcome to the club!! :)

Head hunger can be hard to deal with at first but remember it's your stomach that's been sleeved, not your head. Twelve days is a long time for the head hunger to kick in; I was two days post op and longing for a full English Breakfast and from my hospital bed I was watching every food program the TV had to offer!

How mad was that????!!!!!

First thing I did was ban myself from watching food programs. The second was to get here, read posts and get reassurance that I was ok. You have reached out in the same way and this is one of the key aspects to the emotional healing that also has to take place with being sleeved.

You can't do the old things that got you to being sleeved in the first place. That life is over. Your head knows it and I think there are feelings of loss for the old life we had. Turning to food was easy - even if the consequences were hard to bear but trust me, the benefits of coaxing the head and emotions to work with the sleeve are fantastic!!!

But it requires work: you know yourself best and listen to what you need and give it to yourself (trust me, it's not food!). Talk it out with a trusted friend or counsellor, use this website and as you heal physically get into walking and exercise. These help keep the head distracted and de-stressed.

Good luck - and keep updating xx

Edited by Laydee_G

Thank you so much! It is strange how my old mind seems to be clinging to old habits with everything I have; luckily I'm growing a new mind that is trying to take control! You are so right in that support always helps.

My old self kept things in and just ate through them... Well no more!!

Your words gave me a boost I needed today.... I am very grateful!

I got this!!

Yes you do!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches