Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A-May-zing Bandits July Challenge

Okay amayzing people.......Here it is:

July Challenge:

At least 20 workouts, 30 minutes each

At least 20 days of 64 oz of water!

For anyone who would like a tougher/easier challenge....please keep us informed of you individual goals!

We are all in this together, lets cheer each other on!

I'm in for the challenge. I'm convinced that to truly lose the weight that I want to lose I'll need to exercise more than 5 days a week.

Water is very hard for me - I don't have a desk job and I can't interact with some of the people who come to see me with a water bottle in my hand :) It was easier when I could chug it

thanks for starting the challenge!

Im in. I havent started to exercise yet and so this would be a good opportunity to do so. I posed a question on another thread trying to get out of exerciseing but was convinced that it was the best thing to do. Does anyone have any ideals of how we should chart our progress?

I see the doc for a check up and my first fill (I'm a bit nervous!) tomorrow. I'm sure he's going to release me for more strenuous exercise, so I'm in for the July challenge!

What's is everyone planning to include in their exercise regimen? I'm going to alternate walking and a Curves workout. In fact, I'm going out for a walk right now. Been doing about 20 minutes a day, but will work up to 30 minutes to be ready for July!

This is a good motivation for me also. I have been slow to get on the exercise "band wagon". Thanks for the incentive!

Count me in! I'll be doing all/most of my exercising at the gym because I just can't take the heat. M/W/F I'll be doing the "circuit" at Contours Express and Tu/Th it will be a combination of elliptical and treadmill.

Thanks for making this challenge. I think it will be fun!!

Im in...

How do we check in? Make a post?? I hope we all get moving, we need to be there for each other and I am in for sure...

Good Luck everyone

I have been walking on the treadmill for 15-20 minutes 3-5 days a week and doing different weight machines for another 15 or so minutes. Sometimes I go for a bike ride at home instead.

I need to step up the cardio time, I just get so bored even with my mp3 player. I would like to set distance goals for myself I think. I usually go a mile on the treadmill so I think this week I will go 1.5 mi each time and then 2 the following week. To make it simple my July challenge is going to be 40 miles in the month of July.

What are the rest of you doing for your workouts?

Count me in. I have been walking each day after work for about 45 min. and doing some free weights for my upper body. I am looking into joing a place here called "1,2,3 FIT". Has anyone heard of them? I think it is something like Curves.

I manage to get my Water in most days, but need to work on it. This is great, I need all the motivation I can get.

Oh, I forgot to say the Water thing is REALLY hard for me for some reason. I have never been good at drinking enough though. Last week I suffered for it by getting a UTI and told I had too much protien in my urine and to drink more water.

I haven't been posting much, but I need to start being accountable to someone for exercise. I have been getting over 64 oz of Water in every day since my surgery on May 24th. I look forward to supporting all of the May bandsters.