Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have to wait for 6 months for insurance. In the meantime 8 have alot to do. 6 months nutritional classes,ekg,egd,chest xray, psychology appt, sleep study, cardiac clearance, pulmonary clearance, stress test, lab work, life classes, final appt with surgeon, 2 week wait for approval, 2 week liquid diet...

About me. I am 33 years old, I have a wonderful husband we have been together for 9 years but married for 1. We have 6 wonderful children -he came with 3- I came with 2 - and we had 1 together (she is now 6 years old.) I have dealt with my weight on and off my whole life. Always trying to get smaller doing yo yo diets that always FAILED. I would lose 15 pounds and gain 25 back. Neverending struggle.

I had all 3 of my children by c section so ab muscles pretty destroyed, have the ugly flab that hangs already. My husband didn't want me to do this at first he said that I could do this on my own. When I met him I was 158 but now 221. He went to the weight loss seminar with me and I think it made him see how I feel better and gave him a better understanding of how unhealthy I really am and why I need this help to get the weight off. Once you hit the 80-115 lbs overweight it's so hard and discouraging to get off with just diet and exercise cause God know I have tried all that. ALL THE WASTED MONEY ON ALL THOSE GIMMICKS. I am ready for my life change. Good luck to all.

Anyone have any advice on this wait process. How was the approval for BCBS

@@newme I'm in the same boat. It will be about Nov-Dec for me too. I see the cardiologist today and have my EDG on the 22nd. I'm almost one month in on my 6 mo diet. I don't have BCBS tho so can't help you there however, my surgeons office won't start the process with patients unless they are sure they can get them approved.

I'm older then you also. I'm 55. I've put off WLS forever bc my youngest daughter is disabled and I was afraid something would happen to me and I wouldn't be here to care for her. Now with the sleeve option I feel more confident. And at 55 I feel like I have to do something or I won't be here to care for her. My husband is having it done also. He's 8 yrs older then me. Has more issues bc of his weight. He's heavier and shorter so he's going first.

Good luck on your journey. ????

I am in the same time line as you! How has the diet been going?

Well not great. I lost 75 lbs last year/first of this year and I'm so burned out with it all. Im in my second month of the diet. The first month I didn't lose any which in reality I lost like 6 lbs but it was weight u had gained while on vacation and managed to get back down to where I started. This month I've do the same. I'm back down the that start weight and still have two weeks before weigh in time. I keep sabotaging myself. I'm so frustrated.

How abt you?

I'm sorry to hear that it has been a struggle for you! I'm in my 2nd month as well. I'm down 17lbs so far! Everyday I struggle, but I keep pushing through!! I really need to exercise but it's hard to motivate myself. Keep me updated on your process!

It's a struggle waiting on insurance & jumping through hoops to make all the appts. But oh so worth it. The 2 week liquid diet is the hardest thing I've ever done. I lost 30 lbs by surgery date. I'm 7 months post op &-have lost 123 lbs. 77 more to go. Feeling great. Daily exercise &-eating healthy is the key. Make it a habit. You are fixing to change your life & feel so much better about yourself

I have bcbs of Nebraska but am retired in Missouri. I met with a couple wls centers and was told bcbs of ne was the worst the offices they ever worked with so I expected several denials before I got a yes. I had 6 months of dr visits, psych, dietitian, will have egd on August 6 surgery on August 9th. My doctor wrote extensive co-mobility reasons on every one of the six months visits as I was 35-40 bmi and I was improved within 2 weeks their normal timeframes. I am actually quite shocked it was approved as I spoke with 4+ bcbs reps and got different answers each time until I talked to someone that brought up the actual policy.

Just take it a day at a time, the ups and downs were many and now that I'm approved I have told only a couple of people.

Nervous but excited. Good luck!

Thank you @RVav. I'd love to be support buddies with you. I'm on my second week of 'behaving'. I think I'll be ok now. It just took so much to get started. I lost 100 lbs abt 5 yrs ago but put it back on. Then lost 75 last yr and had put back on 25 before starting this journey. I think I was just so burnt out.