Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery on June 15, In Missouri.

What about crushing your viramins and mixing it with a little apple sauce?..

I'm doing OK but I still feel very bloated. I went in for my swallow study today and go in tomorrow for a nutrition class and get my drain taken out I can't wait. Has anyone had issues with being stopped up? I haven't have a BM Until today after my swallow study. When I did my prep for surgery Sunday before last I was suppose to drink a bottle of Magnesium Citrate to clean me out. I got Nothin..... Called the on call Dr. and he said no problem just come in as planned. I ask the surgeon when I got there and he had already talked with the on call Dr. and also told me not to worry. But I am now one week out and feel stopped up and every time I keep drinking Water like I'm told I just feel more bloated. I go for several walk and that lets out a little gas and I feel some comfort but I still have yet to figure out what my full feeling is because of this bloating issue. I'm going to talk with the girls at the weight loss center tomorrow but I also was wondering what others having the by pass were experiencing. Any help on this would be great. Is it gas or Constipation cause mag citrate didn't seem to do the trick. Thanks Brian

I didn't have by pass, but I did take some Gas X strips to get rid of some of the gas. Hope you get your answers today from the doctors office!!!! Praying for you!!

Unfortunately Dr doesn't like Milk of Magnesia, but did get told that I looked very good and it's normal for a Bypass patient to feel uncomfortable and bloated one week out from surgery. Once they took my drain out made some difference but not a lot was told to take another dose of Mira Lax and add some Bene Fiber to my diet and Constipation maybe something I may need to watch for in the future. So until things get moving I will probably continue to feel bloated. :( So I guess I let nature take its course for now, just get in some more walks and stay active to keep things rollin' and Thank god I got friends in my corner to talk to. Thanks a lot for your soft shoulders to cry on. Brian

Will do thanks. Brian

Just hang tight.. Not literally. Lol. Try some warm lemon Water and warm herbal mint tea.

Hope your doing better today, Brian!!!

Hope your doing better today, Brian!!!

I am thank you very much, and thanks for asking. Hope everything is going well for you too. Brian

Brian how are you doing? I am doing good, walking 2x a day a little over a mile. I have been eating soft foods and handling everything except cows milk. Hope you are doing good also!!

I'm doing good. Thanks for asking. I'm still working on small bites and figuring out when I'm full. But I am making progress, sounds like your doing retry good as well glad to hear it. Thanks again. Brian