Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery on June 15, In Missouri.

I am having my sleeve on Monday. I have been over weight since high school. I have lost and gain over the years but can not ever keep the weight off. I am excited to be able to finally lose and show my extended family that you can do it. I have no support from my husbands side of the family (they think I am taking the easy way) and my hubby is trying to diet with me. I believe he is getting frustrated because I am currently on my pre-op and I am losing about 2 lbs a day, he has not lost but a few pounds total. I am excited to get this started and I started at 260ish lbs. I am down to 244. I am happy with the way things are progressing and look forward to getting down to 165-160. I hope this doesn't change my relationship with my husband as we were high school sweethearts and been married for 20 years.

Good morning. I meet with my surgeon the 18th of June and do a pre op class. I should get my date then.

I've been heavy my entire life and it's caught up with me very quickly. The knees are gone and I have to get this done or I won't have a life to live.

I'm so excited to enter this new phase of life.

It'll all be good. My hubby is losing along with me, too. He's wonderful support.

Grandmaofone

You are definitely not taking the easy way out. They need to understand this is a tool not a fix all. I hope his family will come to understand that. I applaud your husband for trying to diet with you. It's very hard in the beginning. Keep your head held high and don't worry about what people think of the surgery. (Easier said than done i know). You are amazing and making the right decision. Best of luck!

Grandmaofone,

I completely agree with ryn2bthin you are absolutely not taking the easy way out these people don't have a clue on what the things that you will be changing and how far your willing to go for YOURSELF, not for anyone else this is the time in your life that you do this for you and if they don't support you then you'll have to use their doubt and disbelief to prove them wrong. I have found out that there are only a three kinds of people out there. The ones that have never had a problem with their weight, the people who have not admitted they have a problem with their weight and finally the people (like us) that decided to do something and make a bold move to choose weight loss surgery as a tool to achieve the realistic goal you set out for yourself. ryn2bthin is right about it being a TOOL my wife's surgeon explains it as a three legged stool you have the surgery on one leg, diet and nutrition on another, and exercise on the last if one of the legs are removed the stool falls. Follow the rules and you do great despite your in laws. I really honestly don't think I have the complete support of my in laws, but you know what I do have the overwhelming and loving support of their daughter my wife to support me. That means more to me than anything, I was there for her surgery and she is just as supportive in my surgery. So you give my Kudos to your husband I've been on that end and it is not easy sitting in that seat. If there is anything questions you want to ask don't worry ask away. My surgery is also on Monday the 15th as well you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Brian (Sorry so long winded I kind of ramble sometimes) :D

I had two bad nights (mon and Tuesday) of puking all night long. Then sleeping all day all. I think that that is better now. My right side is really sore. I haven't done a lot of walking, but some. Still burping like crazy, which might have something to do with me feeling sick. I am so hoping tomorrow is a better day. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

Grandma,

Really sorry to hear of your nausea and vomiting. I guess I should suck it up cause I haven't had that problem I have just had plenty of abdominal pain. Also, my drain tube came out a little and started to bleed pretty good Dr had to put an additional stitch in it to keep it in after he pushed it back in while I was awake. Ouch! Not much fun but sounds like have it a little better than you. Did your doc give you zopolomine patch behind your ear for nausea. I hope he at least set you home with a script for zofran. Hope things get better for you. Good luck! Brian

Have not been sick since yesterday morning. My right side hurts a lot. But I am able to drink and eat a little Jello. I hope that this is the up side of the hill!!! Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Pretty sore trying to get around hopefully walking will help. Best wishes to everyone else. Brian

Walked around the house about 10 laps and didn't feel a difference from walking or not. Hope everyone is doing ok.

I ate some refried Beans last night and all was good. My right side isn't as sore today. I am having trouble drinking Water as nothing taste good. I bought different drops to put in and none taste good. Hope you all are doing good today.

How is everyone doing?

Had my VSG June 16 and feel ok. I'm on full liquids and getting bored with that.

Trying to get creative with recipes for liquids... Feel great until this morning. I feel hot flash hot. But my temp is 97.8 so I don't think is a fever. I believe my metabolizing is warming up to the 70g of Protein. Drinking ok. Just green after Vitamins, need to take them after I drink Water.

AJ cowgirl what about liquid vitamins? To help with nausea?

I came home on a full liquid diet and they told me to try refried Beans the next day. My dr also told me by the time I see him on July 1 for my check up I will be on soft foods and eating 6-9 teaspoons.