Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Pre op diet!

Ok so I start my pre op diet at the end of this month and I'm going crazy trying to find shakes that I can actually use. I'm trying them now so I can know then what to use, the only problem is my doctor is really strict! It's 2 week liquid diet with only approved Meal Replacements, my options are in the picture below. The ones I have tried are making me sick, they taste terrible and I don't even care I will just not eat! But the problem is I don't want to be malnourished and them not do the surgery or something stupid like that! Any ideas on making these better somehow? Tomorrow morning I'm going to try to blend them with ice and make a sort of milk shake thing ???? but not sure! Please help with any ideas!!!! I'm really nervous about not being able to do this!

I've done premiere Protein ones only and I enjoy the strawberries and cream on the most. I added some cinnamon and nutmeg to the vanilla and that helped it taste more flavorful. I also have had them over ice, which adds Water intake and thins them out at the same time.

Maybe try adding some Torani SF syrups to improve the taste? What are you allowed to mix these with? If you can change what you mix it with, that can improve things.

I haven't tried them, but I've heard from people who really like the Celebrate brand. You can buy samples of it here:

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-powders/protein-powder-samples-1-serving.html

I've also heard a lot of people like the GNC Total Lean shakes.< /p>

Not eating for two weeks isn't an option. You need to follow your surgeon's orders. Refusing to do that because you don't like the taste of something? You are right, that is stupid.

Now, if something is literally making you sick (vomiting, diarrhea) then you need to get in touch with your team ASAP and explain what's going on. You may have some sort of lactose intolerance or whey allergy that needs to be addressed. But if you just don't like the taste, then work on sucking it up and choking them down for a couple of weeks. It isn't the rest of your life, it's just two weeks. But you may also want to check out that Nashua Nutrition site and get some samples of other brands for post-surgery, if you haven't already found something you can tolerate. Good luck!

I use the Bariatric Advantage shakes and I bought vanilla so I could add sugar free Jello or crystal light to it to make different flavors...my kids even drink one for breakfast!!

Premier Protein seems to have a big following, I see a lot of people that continue to use those post op. I like the suggestion of trying some Torani syrups to a Vanilla shake...butter pecan, coffee, caramel all sound yum to me. I bet the Peanut Butter flavor or chocolate mint would be good in a chocolate shake.

I have also seen some people that find they do better if they put their shakes in one of those insulated tumblers with a lid and straw. It has something to do with not smelling that Protein Drink smell.

I absolutely LOVE the chocolate Premier Protein shakes. I'm pre-op and I've been drinking one every day for almost 3 months. I never get sick of them and look forward to them every morning.

I know you posted the list grom your doctor but I'll tell you what I use. The pre-mixed Muscle Milk has been my favorite. I can buy it at Sam's Club in bulk 11oz size and if Im on the go I can find it at most gas stations. I prefer the 100 calorie chocolate flavor because it seems thinner in texture. Comparing to lots of other pre-mix Protein Shakes its lower in calories, carbs and high in protien plus glutrn free and lactose free. I did have other shake mixes at home that I've used in the past but since surgery I cant tolerate them.

Oh I forgot to upload the picture sorry!

[attachment=54063:ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1433657799.035857.jpg

I know you posted the list from your doctor but I'll tell you what I use. The pre-mixed Muscle Milk has been my favorite. I can buy it at Sam's Club in bulk 11oz size and if Im on the go I can find it at most gas stations. I prefer the 100 calorie chocolate flavor because it seems thinner in texture. Compared to lots of other pre-mix Protein shakes its lower in calories, carbs and high in protien, plus gluten free and lactose free. I did have other shake mixes at home that I've used in the past but since surgery I cant tolerate them.