Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MY WEIGHT LOSS-NO NEWS YET ABOUT SURGERY

Well, Dr.Turnquest, the WLS, hasn't gotten my records from my liver doctor yet. The liver doctor, when I called today, said it takes 7-10 business days. The records were requested a week ago this past Friday. Hopefully he will get them soon so I will know if he will do WLS on me. I am still on my diet which is basically a solid food post-op diet after the sleeve.

When I went to my PCP doctor on 4/30, fully clothed, I was 385 pounds with a BMI of 66.1 . Today, no clothes, I was 344.8 pounds with a BMI of 59.18. My new bathroom scale is a small fraction of a pound different than a beam scale. I don't know what my clothes weighed but I still feel good about what I have lost. I know it will slow down soon and I still have a long way to go. If I can have WLS, I stand a chance of achieving a semi-normal weight before I die! I sure hope I will know about the surgery one way or another soon!

It's hard to wait. I know because I'm waiting for my final approval too. But you've done a fantastic job in the meantime! You should be proud! Hang in there!

Great job! Very impressive work you've done already.

I don't know what the huge delay could be @LousPeachy. I mean we do have fax machines, right? lol Sometimes I just don't understand the slowness of the process.

Keep positive! :)

Great job! Very impressive work you've done already.

I don't know what the huge delay could be @LousPeachy. I mean we do have fax machines, right? lol Sometimes I just don't understand the slowness of the process.

Keep positive! :)

Obviously the Liver Doctor's staff thinks a very obese 67 year old has LOTS of time left to wait on them to do what they are being paid to do! LOLOL

Congrats on your success so far! It's not easy and you're doing it!

Wow! You have done a fantastic job with your diet so far. You should be very proud of yourself. I hope these guys get things figured out for you very soon.

@@LousPeachy - that is awesome, staying on the diet while waiting - your liver and surgeon will appreciate that too!

You have done well! Waiting is the hardest part, I hope you hear soon.