Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

I've emailed the nutritionist a couple times, she said well reevaluate closer to the day if we need to get an extra push of sorts.

Still nervous :/

Ringo I am so thrilled for you!!! That's awesome that it all went so well! Makes me less nervous too. Mouse we started at almost exactly same weight but I am on day 12 of pre op. How tall are you?

Ringo I am so thrilled for you!!! That's awesome that it all went so well! Makes me less nervous too. Mouse we started at almost exactly same weight but I am on day 12 of pre op. How tall are you?

My stats:

Height: 5'6-5'7 (depends on who measures haha)

HW: 259lbs

CW: 253lbs

Surgery: November 12th

Day 6 of 15 day preop diet

What about you?

Edited by MouseOnTheMile

Height: 5'6"

HW:260

CW:245-247 lol. My scale was all over the place this morning

Surgery date: Wednesday, nov 6

Very curious to know what my goal weight will be!

HW:260

CW: 245

Day 12 of pre op diet

Surgery date: Wednesday, nov 6

Super curious what the nut will tell me my goal weight should be! :)

Ringo - welcome to the sleeved side!

CW 282,43 years old. 5'8.

I'm worried about my starting weight and worried about meeting that required initial loss. I was 280 when I did my paperwork in August, now I'm 282. Eating hasn't changed but weight has. I am doing Zumba 3 times a week and eating decently, not dieting but not eating junk either. I have a month before I start my pre op. Doesn't seem to matter what I eat my weight doesn't move.

Zumba puts muscle on. Muscle weighs more than fat. When you do the pre op diet and stick to it, you will lose weight.

Edited by raven123

Mouse, I think you will be fine. I didn't stick with pre-op like I should have and everything was still a go. The only thing I'm dealing with right now is gas pains & pains from the drain. Still no interest in good whatsoever. Tired. But mostly feeling ok.

Glad everything worked out, ringo!!! Keep us posted on your recovery.

Hi all,

My name is Angie and I had my revision on Sept. 26th with Dr Ortiz and Dr Martinez. This was my 5th Surgery At the OCC. I got my first band on April 2005. Worked well for me ( as I thought) I lost 140 lbs in 5 months. Well turned out that was a bad thing the band had slipped I was vomiting everything I ate or drank. Returned to the OCC for band removal. I was devastated as I had never been a normal weight. I now had to wait 6 months to be rebanded. So that my tummy could heal. Went back to OCC to be rebanded at exactly 6 months to the day ( I was counting down that 6 month wait). In Oct. 2007 was rebanded ready to lose the 75 lbs that I have regained. So excited . Never could lose weight with the new band. In 2008 my 19 year old son died. So next few years went by that I didn't care about anything. Not about my weight or how to make that band work for me. Then this year after not taking care of myself and eating right I got gerd. The gerd was going into my lungs and making it very difficult to breath. It was determined that I needed to lose my second band and needed to lose it fast. I knew that I couldn't trust anyone other than my Dr.'s at OCC. As even though I had lost 2 bands I knew it wasn't there fault but that I never used the tool the way it was designed. After discussing with my husband what I needed to do we decided no more bands. My husband wanting me to just be done with all WLS I knew I could never lose or maintain on my own. I convinced him to let me go with the sleeve . I'm now 5 weeks out I feel great. This is so different from the band. I have been keeping up with all your post and other post on here. I was really hesitant to post on the forum as I was afraid that I might say something that would offend someone and it turn bad. But after reading all your post I felt comfortable enough to tell my story and hopefully become one of the losing buddies here. Sorry this turned out to be so long once I started it just kept coming out.

HW: 274(preop)

SW: 260

CW: 241

Welcome Angie Cortes! I totally admire your determination!

Zumba puts muscle on. Muscle weighs more than fat. When you do the pre op diet and stick to it, you will lose weight.

I hope you're right!