Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

First of all, thanks to everyone who post their daily menu. It is very helpful to the newly banded. (me!!)

For those of you who eat breakfast- what time do you eat Breakfast?

Also, I see that most eat at least one snack a day. Do you eat the snack because you are a little hungry or do you believe it helps with your metabolism?

TIA

i eat breakfast w/in a half hr of leaving for the gym - or if not working out it's around 8ish. i eat a snack or 2 a day - depending on hunger. some days more , some days less - don't really set a rule on that & my dr recommends 2 Snacks a day for those reasonably active.

me, i think you have to play around w/your calories to find the amt that will work for you to lose weight - anything under 1000 calories halted my loss.

good luck to you !!!!

Yesterday at dinner i tried half of an egg roll and about 4-5 bites of rice and veggies. The meat was too chewy and I decided not to try to swallow it. About 10 minutes later, I was violently throwing it all up. It was awful. It seemed like 4 times more than I ate came back out. No more of that crap for me. Also, I may have to get half a cc taken out of my fill if this doesnt work for me.

i think an unfill will do wonders for you. i'm struggling with getting another unfill myself - just seems like my fills kick in after 3/4 months and i get a bit tighter...plus i like to eat my hot food hot..LOL

Today

B- 1 1/2 scrambled egg and bacon (2)

L- 6 any'tizer hot wings and 1/4 cup green Beans

S- handful of mixed nuts

D- 1/2 c chicken salad w/ wheat crackers

S- 1 baked pork chop

Edited by A lot less
added pork chop

I always eat Breakfast. When I wake up at 515 I make a cup of tea and drink that while I get ready. Then I have breakfast around 7-730 am.

i'm on the liquids/protein...yuk!...fist day..wish me luck..talk to y'all soon..

i'm on the liquids/protein...yuk!...fist day..wish me luck..talk to y'all soon..

Completely unrelated - but you might want to fix your ticker. It shows that you've gained 230lbs and you've 74lbs to go - something tells me that's not right, LOL :confused:

B- 5oz Greek yogurt with SF banana Syrup

L- Leftover stuffed mushroom and chix bake

D- Crusted (lightly) Talapia 2oz and steamed baby carrots (3)

Visited dr. today and I now have a BMI of 24...such a good day in my life.

That sounds good :wub:

Nice new pic! :confused:

Thanks!

I used to be addicted to ice cream, preband...last night it was way to sweet for me. I suppose that is a good thing:thumbup:

Hummus is a middle eastern dip made out of chick peas (garbanzo beans). It can be served as a dip for veggies or with pita chips. You can also use it as a spread on sandwiches or wraps. Most grocery stores sell it in their deli area by the specialty cheese area.

• 1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
  • 1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
  • 3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil

Preparation:

Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can. Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor. Add 1/4 cup of liquid from chickpeas. Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.

Place in serving bowl, and create a shallow well in the center of the hummus.

Add a small amount (1-2 tablespoons) of olive oil in the well. Garnish with parsley (optional).

Serve immediately with fresh, warm or toasted pita bread, or cover and refrigerate.

Variations

For a spicier hummus, add a sliced red chile or a dash of cayenne pepper.

Storing Hummus

Hummus can be refrigerated for up to 3 days and can be kept in the freezer for up to one month. Add a little olive oil if it appears to be too dry.

Thank you for the recipe! I love hummus but my local store doesn't carry any worth buying.

I noticed lots of you eat beef or other Jerky...I would think that stuff is so dry and stringy it would get stuck. I am not very good at the chewing thing in the first place, and I end up in pain every other day or so. Is there a kind of Jerky that is better than others?

I take really small bites and chew like crazy. I also like the beef nuggets, which are way more tender.

First of all, thanks to everyone who post their daily menu. It is very helpful to the newly banded. (me!!)

For those of you who eat breakfast- what time do you eat Breakfast?

Also, I see that most eat at least one snack a day. Do you eat the snack because you are a little hungry or do you believe it helps with your metabolism?

TIA

I drink a big glass of Water after my shower at 7:00am and then eat breakfast once I am at work, around 8:30am.

I eat Snacks right now because I am hungry...I hope after another fill I can knock them down to only after workouts.

B - Kashi trail mix granola bar

L - Oscar Mayer deli selects chicken singles & 1oz colby jack

S- 1.5oz honey roasted cashews

D - Taco Bell Volcano taco and pintos & cheese (sigh...bad choices....thankfully, only my second really bad choice meal since banding)

exercise - 35 minutes of intervals on treadmill

I now have a BMI of 24...such a good day in my life.

Congrats! :drool:

Taco Bell Volcano taco and pintos & cheese (sigh...bad choices....thankfully, only my second really bad choice meal since banding)

I don't think thats a bad choice! Whenever we go out for Mexican, I always get a taco & a side of Beans. Pre-band, I would have gotten 2-3 tacos, a side of Beans and a burrito so just the taco & beans to me is a good choice! By the way, is that Volcano taco as hot as they make it sound? :rolleyes2:

Today ~

Breakfast ~ chocolate Peanut Butter Walnut Protein shake

Lunch ~ 1/2 C Ground Beef, 1/2 C No Fat Refried Beans, 1/8 C Shredded cheese, 2 T Reduced Fat Sour Cream

Dinner ~ 1 Scrambled Egg, 1 Slice Toast, 1/2 oz Polska Kielbasa

B: kozy shack 90 calorie rice pudding cup

L: 1 jr cheeseburger just the meat from wendy's (threw it up) bleck

D: 1/2 cup french onion Soup (no bread) side salad

All of a sudden I feel so much tighter!!!

B: oatmeal with 1/2 cup berries

S: 1/2c ff yogurt

L: 1c tuna Pasta salad

D: bacon (2 slices) and eggs (2 scrambled)

S: 1/3 cup raisins and 1 ff pudding (oops, gotta watch that snacking)

I eat Breakfast before I go to the Y - 5 am or so.

Snacks - my doc encourages it; keeps the metabolism up, and decreases the urge to eat a lot at meals.

Apples2 - congratulations