Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

hi heidi - i have trouble with dry chicken & bread. i can do super thin whole wheat toast - or thin crust pizza:tongue2:. anything too doughy & i'm stuck for a LONG time.

what happends if you get stuck??? does it eventually pass?

yesterday -

b- 3 pork pot stickers (pretty good)

l- 1/3c curry couscous & chick pea salad

s- half cucumber sliced & 1oz feta cheese

d- 1/2c chicken chow mein

Are you pretty much at your goal weight? How long did it take you???

Are you pretty much at your goal weight? How long did it take you???

sorta, had been at this weight for a while ... but would like to lose another 5-10lbs (i'm short - 5'1). took me 9 1/2months to lose 75lbs.

getting stuck feels like a lump in the middle of your chest (for me at least) and the food takes FOREVER to work it's way down...

good luck on your surgery this thurs!!!

I read this thread today to try get some ideas about what to eat -thinking I eat crappy stuff and have no energy - but most poeple in this thread eat just as crappy as me and way less volume...I mean I feel pretty restricted but I eat about double of what most were saying...now I think I should get another fill...and eat better foods.

I read this thread today to try get some ideas about what to eat -thinking I eat crappy stuff and have no energy - but most poeple in this thread eat just as crappy as me and way less volume...I mean I feel pretty restricted but I eat about double of what most were saying...now I think I should get another fill...and eat better foods.

omg I can't believe you said that.........

Good luck to you

omg I can't believe you said that.........

Well, I just started reading through this thread yesterday and honestly, I had thought the same thing! :mellow: I just didn't want to say it. Someone's daily diet consisted of meatballs, Pork rinds, kit kat bars and yogurt...I mean, seriously people???!!! :cry_smile:

Well, I just started reading through this thread yesterday and honestly, I had thought the same thing! :mellow: I just didn't want to say it. Someone's daily diet consisted of meatballs, Pork rinds, kit kat bars and yogurt...I mean, seriously people???!!! :cry_smile:

Everyone has their off days.. If they didn't we wouldn't be here would we?

I am sure there's some perfect bandsters out there.. or atleast they claim it.. some of us admit when we fall and start over. Guilt doesn't help.

B~2oz of beef with onions and mushroom

L~ 2 oz chicken stir fried with baby corn, mushrooms, brocoli

S~ handful of mixed nuts

D~ 2 oz crab cake w/2 tbsp creamy spinach and 3 small shrimps

LOL, unfortunely, that was me, but I'm here to be accountable to myself and no one else. Truly, it was not a good day and if you read further back, I ate some other crappy foods. I'm getting better and there are some here that eat very well and that encourages me to do likewise. Before the lapband, I could eat a bag or plate of anything, but now I eat a little less of it. I exercise and I don't restrict myself all the time of something sweet. I'm not on a diet, I've just cut back and trying to get healthier. By the way, I am serious.

Edited by A lot less
spelling

Well, I just started reading through this thread yesterday and honestly, I had thought the same thing! :cool2: I just didn't want to say it. Someone's daily diet consisted of meatballs, Pork rinds, kit kat bars and yogurt...I mean, seriously people???!!! :mellow:

Meatballs, Pork Rinds = Protein

Like Brandy said, we have our off days ... but for someone who hasn't even been banded yet to come in here and basically criticize others on what they eat is rather rude. :cry_smile:

Meatballs, Pork rinds = Protein

Like Brandy said, we have our off days ... but for someone who hasn't even been banded yet to come in here and basically criticize others on what they eat is rather rude. :cry_smile:

I'm not the one who said it first, mind you. I just chimed in that the other person wasn't the only one who thought that way. I'm not trying to criticize anyone! Definitely not trying to be rude. A lot of the choices made in this thread are very good choices, and have helped me get an idea of what kinds of meals I can have once I'm banded. But there are a few meal choices and daily diets that make me wonder why they bothered getting the band in the first place? I just think that Protein has a lot better forms than meatballs and pork rinds. :mellow:

Meatballs, Pork rinds = Protein

Oh yumm! Meatballs and Pork rinds are sounding good now lol

Yes, they are Protein. Yes, they are not necessarily lean protein... but it's the little things that keep you going when you're banded :mellow: When I say the little things I mean instead of a whole hershey bar I eat a square LOFL. My kids think it's just the funniest thing in the world to see the mini mom plate!

I'm not the one who said it first, mind you. I just chimed in that the other person wasn't the only one who thought that way. I'm not trying to criticize anyone! Definitely not trying to be rude. A lot of the choices made in this thread are very good choices, and have helped me get an idea of what kinds of meals I can have once I'm banded. But there are a few meal choices and daily diets that make me wonder why they bothered getting the band in the first place? I just think that Protein has a lot better forms than meatballs and Pork rinds. :cry_smile:

Because of a 'few meal choices' they shouldn't have been banded?

How did we ALL get fat? It was definetly more than a few bad meal choices. The band while it is is a tool isn't a miracle. If you look at the weight loss they are acheiving while making a few bad choices you can see it's just that..... A FEW choices.

While you're not the first to state your opinion you did agree that this was your view. I think it will change though once you're banded. While you sit down now to eat a whole piece of chicken breast and you savor every bite remember that in a few short months you will be eating about 1/8 of that amount. So the little bites that you can have here and there are your much needed treats. If you're logging your foods and keeping track then these bandsters have nothing to worry about.

I won't ever kick anyone for something they did while they were down. I will only help them back up and support them to get back on track.

But there are a few meal choices and daily diets that make me wonder why they bothered getting the band in the first place?

a lot of people get the band to limit their food intake & ensure that the weightloss doesnt' come back. they don't necessarily have to "diet" to do so....nor do they want to change what they eat, just how much. there are also others here posting that are low carbing it, gone vegan, try to get so much Protein in, eat carbs (thats me>>>LOL) - you get the idea.

we post for numerous reasons - accountability, made some "cyber" buds, learn new recipes, gauge our eating volume, bitch / moan, & a bit more.

i'd encourage you once banding to jump in and post what you eat! i haven't stopped journaling what i eat since the post op diet was over & i could resume normal food.

something a lot forget is that the band is forgiving., if you look at normal weight individuals they have a kit kat every now and then...why shouldn't we???? just a thought

ps - i really had crappy tuna today (plan on making it myself from now on:wink:)