Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

1-coffee

(thought I'd join in........I am having my surgery 10/7)

Can anyone give me a suggestion what to take for lunch? I work in customer service and I want something quick and simple.

I ask myself can i really just eat only that?

all of you are to be commended..absolutly amazing!! Congratulations.

I like quick and simple lunches as well. I do a lot of Soups for lunch and sometimes eat a little cottage cheese with it to bump up the Protein. tuna salad, chicken salad, egg salad, string cheese w/ whole wheat crackers, yogurt w/ granola are quick and easy.

I have found greek style yogurt at Whole Foods, Walmart & Trader Joes.

I like the Voskos brand the most as the flavor is the best. They have flavors in strawberry, blueberry, honey vanilla, honey, raspberry, fig, and plain. I am eating the fig flavor right now. It is 5.3 oz and has 120 cal, 0 fat, 16 carb, 13 g Protein. It's very filling.

I like quick and simple lunches as well. I do a lot of Soups for lunch and sometimes eat a little cottage cheese with it to bump up the Protein. tuna salad, chicken salad, egg salad, string cheese w/ whole wheat crackers, yogurt w/ granola are quick and easy.

I have found greek style yogurt at Whole Foods, Walmart & Trader Joes.

I like the Voskos brand the most as the flavor is the best. They have flavors in strawberry, blueberry, honey vanilla, honey, raspberry, fig, and plain. I am eating the fig flavor right now. It is 5.3 oz and has 120 cal, 0 fat, 16 carb, 13 g Protein. It's very filling.

great!! Trader Joe's isn't too far from my job!!

Yay!!

thanks girls!! This is so thrilling!!

and being that I'm Greek, let me know if y'all want any recipies :thumbup:

I have a great poached fish recipie for you gaaaaaahhlic lovers

B: lil snack pack of cottage cheese

s: 100 calorie pack almonds

l: salad w/ a couple small bbq ribs

d: small cupcake size of meatloaf and 2 itty teeny bites of mashed potatoes

great!! Trader Joe's isn't too far from my job!!

Yay!!

thanks girls!! This is so thrilling!!

and being that I'm Greek, let me know if y'all want any recipies :thumbup:

I have a great poached fish recipie for you gaaaaaahhlic lovers

The poached fish sounds wonderful...I would love to get the recipe. thanks!

The poached fish sounds wonderful...I would love to get the recipe. thanks!

YES - post!! & post anything greek.

ok, so..this is all eyeballing..here we go:

ingredients

1-2 tsp butter/margarine (optional)

1 Lemon (about 2-3 slices)

2TBSP EVOO

1 clove garlic (sliced)

1/2 cup Water

2, 3 Orange Roughy fillets (or 4 max)

take the olive oil and put it in a skillet (about 10"), put the temp on low-med, add the 2-3 lemon slices, garlic, and the water. Let it warm a bit. Add the fillets ontop of all that, and cover. Slowly simmer on low until the fish starts to flake (about 5-7 minutes) no flipping necessarry. The butter/margarine is an option, I usualy dont use it with evoo but my 12 year old daughter loves the way it tastes.

You can squeeze lemon over fish if you need to afterwards.

please! Don't kill the meal by adding that fake lemon stuff!! use real lemon!! :thumbup:

Let me know how it works out!

sounds great, I'll try it tonight. I love garlic and lemon , so I'm going to add more. Thanks for the recipe

I've tried Tillapia vs Orange roughy and i get too much of a fish smell with Tillapia, plus i like the taste of Orange Roughy.

Good luck, and as we say : kali oreksi (pronounced kah-lee oreksee) in other words bon apetite :thumbup:

Lemon-Garlic Flavored Asparagus:

(omg this is sooooooooooo easy and yummy!!)

Ingredients:

garlic

lemon (fresh)

Asparagus

Evoo

1/3-1/2 cup Evoo, 1-2 minced garlic, juice of one lemon...Mix these 3 in a little bowl to get them all together blended. pour in a pan (big enough for the asparagus (please do NOT use canned!!)) over the asparagus. Have them marinate for about an hour.

Get out the George Forman (you can also use a stove top grill). Put on the forman and cook until bright, shiney green and wilted just a bit. Make sure you turn them ever so often if you are grilling on stove or outside.

I never used to eat asparagus until I ate this. It's awesome!

Today

b-breakfast bowl (jack n the box) without the potatoes or sauce

l-4 baked chicken nuggets

d-3 jumbo shrimp stuffed with spinach and ricotta

worked out 1 hr with the trainer:thumbup:

bloo---you're doing so well

BlooEyezs, I see that you are really dropping the lbs. Congrats!!!!!:thumbup:
bloo- 180's.....congrats, been a LONG time us posting our meals, cheers !!!!!
bloo---you're doing so well

Awww thanks! :cool2: I love how this thread is moving so fast these days! So many people sharing their meals, so many new ideas ... it's great! Anyhow, just now got a chance to read back a few pages and wanted to thank ya'll for the kind words ...

1/2 cup of chicken-white bean-green chili soup

This sounds SO GOOD! Is it from a can or homemade (gotta recipe?) :)

Bloo-made the parmesan meatballs, can you say yum-o

Yum-O!! I made a "TrueDiva Muffin" yesterday ... well actually it was 2 cupcake size ones, very good! :mellow:

B - slice of turkey bologna and 1oz colby jack

L - 3 honey bbq nuggets and 2 mini popcorn flavored rice cakes (from a 90 cal pack)

S - 100 calorie pack craisins

D - filling from a ratatouille wraps and about 3 bites of the tortilla Ratatouille Wraps recipe - Every Day with Rachael Ray

S - jell-o strawberry cheesecake cup

dinner was a definitely keeper...yummy! There are even leftovers for tomorrow!

50 minutes on the treadmill doing intervals