Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

I completely agree. I cannot give up food..i just can't. I still eat when i'm happy, sad, celebrating, etc...i just eat less of it. I mean--i know we shouldn't be "turning" to food to comfort us...but let's face it...most of us still feel the need sometimes. SO i've "allowed" myself the opportunity every single week to eat what i want so that I don't go into binge mode--i just have to work out like crazy Monday-Thursday to still lose at least a lb a week lol.

This is my attitude as well. I simply do not believe that there is a whole world of thin people out there who do not eat for reasons other than hunger - in fact I believe that the person who eats only for hunger is very rare. I am not going to live my life on a diet, I also eat when I'm stressed, bored, to Celebrate etc. I've just managed to be more aware of it, to distract myself from it more of the time and to eat a lot less overall.

But I love food, and the thought of a low carb diet is like, well, I'd rather be FAT than live like that. I like all food, I like to eat to fit in with everyone around me, I dont want to be difficult or unable to eat in certain venues or situations. So that also means I cant be very tight.

To do that, I exercise, and its honestly not that hard. A good hard run most days - I've exhausted the long slow cardio thing, my body is totally adapted to that so I mix in a lot of fairly hard interval running too and some basic strength training and I can eat 2000 calories a day without gaining.

I refuse to beat myself up for being human and having the same relationship with food that most normal weight people have - eat the basics, eat healthy most of the time but enjoy ALL foods in moderation.

I actually dont really consider strangling my stomach into 900 calorie a day submission the kind of success I wanted- I call being able to live a normal life at a normal weight success - and whilst it sounds easy, its suprising just how much we need our bands to achieve that.

Edited by Jachut

BOZZJ - Happy Anniversary!!!! Congrats!

Thursday - this has been an absolute brutal week. I worked last night but had a long mtg in the middle of the day and worked tonight (got just under 3 hours sleep) and unfortunately have to repeat the same day today (friday)

S: too early for Breakfast but needed something to wake me up - 16 oz skinny vanilla latte and later some veggie straws

B: tried 1 slice of deli meatchicken breast, lite laughing cow cheese wedge and 1/4 avacado - came back up (don't know if I'm too tight or just too early in am on top of stress and TOM - will just take it easy today.

S: 1 baby bel cheese

L: 1/2 c. pureed tortilla Soup w/ cheese shreds. 2 chocolate eggs

S: 1/2 papaya, veggie straws

D: 4 oz plain ff greek yogurt, 0.5 oz Protein Cereal.< /p>

Luluc: what brand is your Peanut Butter cheesecake Protein drink? is it premixed or a powder? It sounds yummy!! Thanks.

hi wanna - i make it:

8oz 2% milk

1 teaspoon of Peanut Butter

1 teaspoon of SF Jello cheesecake pudding mix

1 spoon of vanilla soy Protein Powder

few ice cubes & mix - it's pretty filling & tasty

happy anniversary bozzj!!

yesterday -

b- 2 slices of bacon , 1 bite of toast (fell on the floor and one of the dogs nabbed' it) :blink:

s- peach/papaya Protein smoothie

l- 2oz grilled garlic talapia & 1c green Beans

s - ostrich Jerky stick

d- 2 steak fajita nachos

Thanks Everyone!!! :blink:

b: what else--starbucks!

l: a lean cuisine i think...

d: going out...i'll eat whatever.

NO gym today!!! Tomorrow is back to business lol.

Banded March 12, 2009....-41 pounds to date. First fill Wednesday, April 15th...5.5 cc's.

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs (14 g pro); 1/2 c Kroger Cottage cheese (15 g. pro)

Lunch: 3 oz. boneless, skinless chicken thighs (21 oz. pro); 3 oz. mashed pot.

Mid afternoon snack: 1/2 c. cottage ch (15 g. pro) .6 oz almonds (lasted 2 hours...one every so--4 g. prot)

dinner tonight: angel hair Pasta w clams; green peas

snack around 8:30 p.m. 1/2 pure Protein bar...10 g. pro.

I've sipped Water throughout the day.

Hope everyone's finding their "key" to the banded life!

It does take much, much longer to eat now. Tiny bites with a crab pickin' tiny fork!!

Friday:

Another long day after short sleep - can not wait for the weekend!

B: venti skinny vanilla latte, 1/4 c. mixed nuts, 1 babybel cheese

S: veggie straws, 1 babybel cheese, licked spatula frommaking a cake for work

L - grazed all night on party food at work: bites of veggies w/ hummus, dip, crackers, cake :)

D: 2 oz plain ff greek yogurt, 1/2 papaya

yesterday -

b- raspberry acai Protein smoothie

s- skinny cin/dolce latte

l- leftovers - 2 steak fajita nachos w/sour cream

d- small caprese salad w/a thin slice of foccacia w/olive tapendade, glass of cabernet

Edited by luluc

TODAY:

B: venti skinny vanilla latte

L: 4 sm. bites white chicken lasagna and coupe taster bites from whole foods

S: 2 Dove truffle eggs ;)

D: 1/3 c. tortilla Soup, little cheese and 1/5 avocado diced

will probably not resist my craving for a sm. piece cake sitting in the kitchen later

I drank my calories yesterday.

B-scrambled eggs, slice toast

L/D/S several sour apple cocktails, jambalaya

yesterday -

b- chai tea & half english muffin w/honey & butter

s- bowl of edamame

l- small cup of potato Soup

d- beef teriyaki - lots of veggies & saba noodles (had a pretty big bowl)

Today:

B: 1/3 serving cream of wheat made w/ milk, PB & maple Syrup

L: 2 oz dover sole, 1/5 avocado smashed w/ lemon juice

S: veggie straws and 1 babybel cheese

D: couple bites quiche, babybel cheese, some baby carrots

S: unfortunately eating too many Peanut Butter m&m's