Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

I go in for my first fill tomorrow and I'm really excited about it. I had my surgery on May 10th and with preop diet and everything have lost almost 30lbs. I'm very happy I've also maintained that loss.

I was wondering if anyone felt restriction on their first fill??? I've been told that a lot of times you don't feel much at all on the first one.

Thanks!

I had my first fill on Monday and I am definitely restricted. Don't know if it will last or how long, but I PBed a few times, so am on liquids today until I feel better.

The fill istself was painless and easy!

Hi Susan, Did you have PB problems before your fill, or was it something that just started afterwards? Wen

I had my first fill today. It went smoothly, almost too smoothly. It was nothing. They nubed my spot, once they found it with the xray and in they went. I almost PB tonight, pushed it with some cheese and the Water got stuck later. All is well now. I hope this helps. I was getting real hungry, just couldn't get full. I hope this helps for a while.

The weight has been coming off and I want this to continue. How is everyone doing out there?

I had my first fill yesterday - what a breeze!!!

My Dr gave me 1.6cc's. He said that since I am averaging 1.6 lbs per week right now I am right on target. I think I can work with the fill I have - I'm super motivated right now :)

Maybe I'll workout so much, I'll fill like this every night :faint:

Hi Susan, Did you have PB problems before your fill, or was it something that just started afterwards? Wen

I had some stuck problems before with certain foods like white bread. The fill nurse asked me about any problems with eting certain foods and when I told her about the bread, she told me she was giving me 4cc instead of 5 for my first fill.

Since Wednesday everything has been going great! I can't believe how well t his is working for me. I just have to remember to CHEW and take small bites. No more PBs and a wonderful feeling of being full and satisified with a small amount of food.

I had my first fill was yesterday and it went okay. I had 1cc put in, is this normal? They told me that was the average and my next fill is July 26th. I have been very gassy since the fill, is this normal?

Also, what is PB's? I am not up on all the lingo. I am a newbie.

Good luck to you all.

I had my first fill last Tues. and I think that it is great! I have the gas problem too, I must swallow a lot of air. Before I received my fill i could eat anything and did! I'm so thankful that I can feel some restriction with this first fill.

quiltinginiowa.....I feel the same way....I wanted to feel more restrictions....but I have not felt any. I go for my first fill wed. the 13th, I hope it helps. I'm scared I'm going to keep eating too much and gain weight. The reason I got the band is to feel that restriction and eat less.....:smile2:

Just went in for my first fill yesterday, I was banded 1/25/08. WOW...too tight, couldn't get Water down, they put me back on the table, took a little back out...much better. Water, tea and broth are sailing down today.

I had my first fill yesterday as well...it was a nightmare. They told me that they would probably start between 3-5cc. I ended up with only 1cc. They had no problem getting into the port and I could feel the saline go in (weird sensation.) When they had me sit up to drink Water to find the "right fill" I got nauseous, so I had to lay down. About 2 minutes later we tried again...same thing. I figured the 3rd time would be a charm...I started sipping the water again, then all of a sudden threw up Everywhere! By the time it was all done, I had thrown up about 8 times. The doc told me that the vegas nerve was overstimulated and made me sick. They said that out of their 1,500 patients I was the first to ever have a reaction like that (lucky me!!!) I'm feeling fine now and go back in 2 weeks for round 2 LOL.

I had my first fill today..... all went smoothly. It did not hurt, it was a little strange feeling. I am hoping this works as I have not had any restriction since surgery!

Ok, I have to post a few comments...

I had my surgery on Aug. 7 and have lost 8 pounds since surgery. Actually, I lost more but have been gaining.

Went for my first fill today- 2cc. I sure hope it helps because up to this point, I have been able to eat lots of food!

I don't know what pb is either??? Can someone clarify?

Thanks-

Lisa

Did anyone ever say what PB was on this site..I get my first fill and excited and nervous...My doctor stated he was going to be a little aggressive and give me 6 cc. so I will update you all tomorrow.