Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The dreaded spare tire!

I'm 1-1/2 years out from vsg surgery and I lost 57 lbs and went under my goal. I've gained 9 lbs, but am quite pleased with my current weight. I'm 66 years old and lower weight was not my friend. I find I'm stuck with the dreaded spare tire that just won't go away and am considering plastics. Has anyone had this type of problem fixed, and if so, what did you have done? Thanks for reading!

Well, I am fifteen + moths out and have a similar dilemma My goal is within reach reach but my body has shrunk in such a way that I feel like a pencil with a Life-Saver candy for a belt. Boy these last pounds better come off the middle. I don't want to have a panni, but my insurance will pay for it after two years. I am seriously thinking about. What's one more surgery, anyway?

It's so unsightly! I can't hide it at all. I wondered if Lipo is an option or is this Tummy Tuck territory?

I am 31 and I also had the darn spare tire. I considered Lipo, however ultimately that just removes fat and not any skin so your tire just looks a little flatter. From my research the only way to fix this was with a body lift, which on the front is the abdominoplasty and on the back is the posterior body lift. I am very pleased with my results and I am 100% certain without surgery I would never had been able to get rid of that extra skin. You can go in for a consult with a surgeon and they can give you a very good idea of what would be the best option for you.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your response. If I were your age, there's no doubt in my mind I'd go for the body lift. Lord knows I have a lot that needs lifting. You're right in that I need to schedule a consult, but haven't found the courage to do it. I'm glad you had a good result with your surgery!

Hi I am only 1 year post opt today and i am already looking into a Tummy Tuck to removed the extra skin. I think it is just with the weight lost when you have lost over 100 pounds. Good luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches