Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you weigh yourself?

I am a daily weigher as well. I have been doing so for almost 8 months now and it works for me. I use it as one tool to help me gauge my progress. I have had to learn how to deal with weight fluctuations and I handle it extremely well.

I have been able to see trends from week to week and month to month and it keeps me on track.

You have to do whatever works for you personally. If you cannot handle the fluctuation, then choose to weigh in at your doctors office or weekly at home or whatever works for you.

This happens to work for me.

I have weighed myself every day since I can remember. I have been obsessed with my weight and dieting since I was 8. so I have literally seen myself go from 65 lbs to 324 and now back to 279. Talk about crazy, you are looking at her. I won't change that now. It part of my routine, go to bathroom, wash hands, get on the scale. When the battery goes out I feel lost. It's just like a watch dying. I still wear it because it feels weird not to.

I wish I was writing something profound, but I can't. I weigh myself naked every morning daily. I can honestly say I am not as obsessed with the number now that I've reached one milestone (weighing under 200 pounds).

However, the weight I focus on the most is the # I see on the scale at the weight center when I check in. Which right now I'm there at least one or twice a month for groups.

It's hard not to focus on the weight loss. The number I'm most impressed with, even more than the weight is my A1C (I am a type II diabetic).

Anyway, good luck everyone! Tomorrow I will be 8 weeks post op.

Edited by BostonStrong617

2-3x a day, yep totally obsessed and have been for years.

I've noticed that different scales will weigh me at different weights...this drives me crazier then anything! I try to weigh myself! But it doesn't always work. My favorite time to weigh in is on Monday

I weigh myself everyday at the same time. My scale records my weight onto an app so I can see the graph of my weight loss over time. I started weighing myself during my med sup. weight loss and I really enjoy looking back at all the progressive made.

I'm ridiculously obsessed and have been weighing in multiple times a day while on the pre op diet. I'm overly anxious about making sure that I lose weight before surgery day. It's way too much. The people who are weighing in weekly are probably healthier, but I don't think I'm going to be able to resist daily weigh ins.

You will lose with the pre op cleanse any remaining problem pounds. I only had to lose 4-5 lbs prior to surgery and I fluctuated bad until the magnesium citrate. Lost it the night before.