Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had a BRILLIANT idea! (I know, no shocker there!)

So how about if everyone is required to put something in their signature that indicates what type of feedback they want when they ask a question?!?

Perhaps a little thermometer that goes from:

JUSTIFY ME ---to--->

MOLLIFY ME---to--->

ADVISE ME GENTLY---to--->

GIVE ME **REAL** FEEDBACK---to--->

KICK MY ASS IF NEED BE

That would make my life SO MUCH EASIER. And we all know it's all about me. :D

@@Alex Brecher !?!?

I want to respond... But I can't view people's signatures on my iPhone BP app.... So I don't know what kind of response you're looking for.

Bahahaha ????

I'm in a consultation group in my profession and what works for us is to state in the beginning (before we present a case) what we are asking/looking for from the other group members before hand. Maybe people can start doing that? People also need to understand that this is a PUBLIC Internet forum. You put it out there, you're going to get feedback. Both positive AND negative.

Edited by Bluesea71

You put it out there, you're going to get feedback. Both positive AND negative.

Wouldn't it be a dream, though, if people understood that they can take whatever feedback they are given (no matter what it is) as positive or negative? That's it's totally up to them to interpret it how they want?

Oh, only in my happy place...

Heck, since most people use mobile devices they don't see the signatures and can't actually tell if they are getting advice from a preop, someone deeply in the honeymoon phase or a vet. The "tone" can often be quite different based on our experience level.

I am considerably more jaded and straightforward about what works and what doesn't 3.5 years of wrestling with weight loss and then maintenance does that to you...

So how about if everyone is required to put something in their signature that indicates what type of feedback they want when they ask a question?!?

Perhaps a little thermometer that goes from:

JUSTIFY ME ---to--->

MOLLIFY ME---to--->

KICK MY ASS IF NEED BE

That would make my life SO MUCH EASIER. And we all know it's all about me. :D

@@Alex Brecher !?!?

Bahahahaha! This is definitely your best suggestion ever!!! :D :D :D

I like the idea!!! Personally I always prefer the swift kick in the ass, to get my full attention!!!

I like it!!!!

You put it out there, you're going to get feedback. Both positive AND negative.

Wouldn't it be a dream, though, if people understood that they can take whatever feedback they are given (no matter what it is) as positive or negative? That's it's totally up to them to interpret it how they want?

Oh, only in my happy place...

We all view things through our own "life filter" which alters how we interprets things. I wish people understood this and paused before reacting sometimes. I know when I have a strong reaction to people, places or things, an old wound has likely been reopened and its probably less about the issue at hand. If nothing else, the only person I want to decide what kind of day I'm going to have is ME. I'm not about to let any of you Bariatric bozos bring me down. I crack myself up sometimes.... ????

"Bariatric bozos". This made me smile. I need one of those red noses.

(Does anyone outside of Chicagoland know Bozo the Clown?)

post-208484-14317078425173_thumb.jpg

Offense: called former fatties Barriatric Bozos

Request: Kick my ass if need be

Evidence: online dictionary definition

Outcome: I'm still okay with whatever you bozos say ????

http://i.word.com/idictionary/bozo

Edited by Bluesea71

That Bozo theme song is running amock through my brain. :rolleyes: Eyerolls from Chicagoland.

we grew up with bozo

the clown, Also we had willie whistle who didnt really talk... well kinda.

JUSTIFY ME ---to--->

MOLLIFY ME---to--->

KICK MY ASS IF NEED BE

This would be a cool tool. But as co-laborers in helping one another succeed, you need a deep tool kit and have the discernment to know which tools to use and where to use them (almost always privately):

For some, listening ears and a gentle word in the moment of weakness (Proverbs 25:11; 25:20).

Others, a sharing in weakness, doubt and failure; and the hope of renewal (Proverbs 15:2; 19:11).

Certain others, the hard face and stern challenge (Proverbs 27:17).

Occasionally, reprimand or reproach (Proverbs 9:8,17:10).

For each of these, your goal is restoration of the person and, as quickly as possible, a continuation of the work.

However, when necessary, you must separate and terminate (Proverbs 14:7).

These are tools of leadership and healing; like a doctor’s tools, they should be used for the good of the others always, the patient if possible and never for yourself. Never.

I have reaped the bitter fruit of my own failure to heed this last point many times.

Edited by OKCPirate

@@LipstickLady, I enjoy tracing your activity to figure out who you offended that gives you these great ideas. Sometimes finding the original post is like discovering a Darwin Award winner. They should just add your name under a Please Do Not Respond header in their signature if they don't want honest opinions/advice.

@@LipstickLady, I enjoy tracing your activity to figure out who you offended that gives you these great ideas. Sometimes finding the original post is like discovering a Darwin Award winner. They should just add your name under a Please Do Not Respond header in their signature if they don't want honest opinions/advice.

Ha! That would work. :D