Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dreaded Stall, 3 wks out...

Welp... Sadly I've hit what I believe is the dreaded stall. I'm not letting it get me down. I've lost what my nutritionist says, to be double the weight in the first three weeks... So I guess it only makes sense. For three days I've stayed the same or lost only 2-3oz. I also began eating moist Proteins y'day which I've been warned as I transition over to expect a stall.

I'm really hoping to lose another 10-15 lbs by next month, my b'day, but also my sisters wedding. My goal was 30 lbs by b'day but I've already reached that so I would like 40-45 lbs in total by then. Can I jump start by adding a ton of Protein more than required amount and exercise to get over the stall?

How long have people experienced stalls for?

I think i am joining you in a stall. I am 4 weeks out. I am in no hurry to lose the weight. I am going to keep doing what I'm doing.

I was at that stall just 3 weeks ago and it felt terrible, I started exercising more and had protwin shakes for 2 meals and 1 regular (2oz) meal. It's been working out for me.

Today is day 4 of the scale not budging. I'm going to give one week, if it continues, I'll change up my eating and Protein. I really don't want to, bc I want my body to get used to eating solids. Not just liquid anymore. It's a hard transition when your going from one to the other.

I just got over the 3 week stall. Mine lasted about a week. Doctors and everyone here assured me it would correct itself, so I didn't change my eating habits any.

@@KalelsWifey I hit a 6 day stall where I lost nothing! You and I had surgery the same week. I've lost a pound the last 2 days in a row, so don't stop eating your solids and go back to liquids. I was told many people do this to try and lost weight faster and it ends up hurting them. Our new stomachs need the eating progression plans we were given for a reason. If you only drink liquids the opening from your stomach to your intestine won't gradually enlarge like it's suppose to. One of the ladies in my support group at mayo didn't follow this protocol and ended up back in surgery. They had to surgically enlarge the opening. She was not happy. We have to have patience. The weight will come off but our bodies will decide how quickly. You are doing an amazing job so just keep up the good work!!!

Love this forum and all of you, my friends! You've all helped me tremendously since before surgery and after.

@@beachgal2935 I decided not to change what I've been instructed to do. I've eaten my meals (what I can get in at least). I can't eat more than two to three bites it seems... I do and I am stuffed for at least an hour or two afterwards. It's very uncomfortable. But I don't let that give me fear for the next meal. I've just gone back to basics, slow eating, placing my utensil down once I've taken a bite no fluids not even a teeny sip and literally counting 22 as was directed in my program. Hardest part while eating for me is the drinking. I NEVER realized how much I sip between bites... I tend to get very thirsty while eating. This has been difficult but I'm confident I'll get used to my new eating habits. I was at about 6 days and stepped on this morning and I'm down 2.8 lbs so I have to give myself the time to lose and not focus on how fast... As everyone else says and I'm learning, I didn't put it on over night.. I'm just grateful to be at 196 lbs. Hugs to you all. Thank you for your help and support.

Well I will tell you what went down like butter for dinner tonight... Hibachi Filet & Shrimp!!! Absolutely delicious... It was not as difficult to say no to the rice as I followed the rules and did my Protein first. I could not believe how easy it was to eat and no discomfort... My husband might be screwed Hibachi every night... Lol.

@@KalelsWifey Yay for you! The moister the Protein the better! When you said you had eaten sausage, I was like ... what?! We were told "Avoid processed meats"! No hot dogs, bologna, sausage, etc. The no drinking with meals was an adjustment for me as well. Now I realize that before when I was guzzling ice tea in between bites, I was just washing down my food so I could shovel more in. Kinda gross when you think about it. I also find it fascinating that my husband and son can finish their huge meals before I'm finished with my small portion. Their shoveling it in grosses me out now :o

Lmao your absolutely right. My kids, 2 & 4 are done before me... Not bc of shoveling but for me, slow has been the key. I think every office may be different bc they told me any Proteins. Including my homemade Meatballs and sausage or one sausage link with egg in the am. I don't find I want to eat it anyways lol.