Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Salem/Mcminnville Oregon?

Btw, I will be writing a Facebook blog about my WLS experiences, so you are welcome to check it out when it's up in a couple of weeks :) I hope it will help inspire people. You can find it on Willamette Medical Center (McMinnville Hospital) Facebook page.

@Jose: I am sorry that didn't work, but I'm glad your able to get the revision! Are you excited?

It's okay, I'm just glad to get this new start! I'm so excited, but so nervous at the same time, and I think the nervousness is just me fear of failure coming out since I'm starting out at a pretty high weight

Btw, I will be writing a Facebook blog about my WLS experiences, so you are welcome to check it out when it's up in a couple of weeks :) I hope it will help inspire people. You can find it on Willamette Medical Center (McMinnville Hospital) Facebook page.

I'll definitely check out your blog, let me know when it's posted (: I just make youtube videos about my experiences haha

@Java91: Excited for you, good luck with your surgery:) Can't wait to go to my first support group meeting; meet other people, hear others' experiences, etc. It would be cool to meet up another time:)

Hey guys! I just finished my surgery this morning! I am sore and tired but feel good! Good luck on all of yours! I hope they are just as successful! :)

Glad you're feeling good and your surgery went well:) Thank you; when the time comes, I hope mine is just as successful! I look forward to checking out your blog as well:)

Hey guys! I just finished my surgery this morning! I am sore and tired but feel good! Good luck on all of yours! I hope they are just as successful! :)

Congratulations!!!! Glad all went well! (: How is your pain and everything? Thanks!

My pain is ok, they are good about giving pain meds but I am handling it a lot better now. At first I was having muscle spasms which really hurt and standing up and down hurt a lot but I'm hoping today will get better. At this point I'm more sore and bloated feeling than anything, unless I move. Haha Don't be shy to ask for pain meds, they help you rest and heal quicker!

My pain is ok, they are good about giving pain meds but I am handling it a lot better now. At first I was having muscle spasms which really hurt and standing up and down hurt a lot but I'm hoping today will get better. At this point I'm more sore and bloated feeling than anything, unless I move. Haha Don't be shy to ask for pain meds, they help you rest and heal quicker!

Oh ouch! The muscle spasms sound really painful.. At least they are giving you good meds :( Was your surgery an overnight stay? My surgeon prescribes the hydrocodone elixir for the pain after surgery

@jose: Yeah, mine was an overnight stay and then after my swallow test i started taking oral pain meds. The transition between hospital and home was the hardest for me because of the lack of injectable pain meds and my bed at home doesnt move up and down. I tried taking a nap and cried because I couldnt get up, so I am sleeping in a chair all night. But I am so happy to be home and be able to walk around and feel better each day. You will do great! :)

That's great to hear that you're feeling better! Do the oral pain meds not work as well? My surgery is outpatient and I'm nervous about the pain afterwards!

Oh interesting that yours is outpatient! I have heard of that before! So they work fine, but it takes longer to kick in and you just have to be more aware of how much your taking and when. I have a little chart by my chair. It's really helpful! So how long do you have to stay in Coos Bay? Who is going with you? (I could not have gotten through it without my mom) I'll come visit you after if you'd like! :)

Yeah, I'm not looking too forward to it being outpatient because I am kind of a whimp haha. Ohhhh okay that makes sense! I am leaving for Coos Bay in the morning! I have some pre op stuff scheduled for tomorrow, and then surgery Tuesday and if all goes as planned I will be going home Wednesday after my swallow test. My mom is going with me as well! Yeah you could come visit me, or we could meet up somewhere! (:

Edited by xxjosettexx

Wow! That is soo exciting! You'll do great! Each day gets easier and you won't even remember the first day! I can't wait to meet you.

I will be at the upcoming support group meeting at the McMinnville hospital on the 20th. It will be my very 1st meeting; looking forward to it :)