Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG I have Financing . BUT anyone seen docs NOT providers w/ Loan Co ?

I can hardly believe its true .I got approved for financing today thru Medicredit for $8000 of the $12,000 I need for surgery . Which is just fine, I can come up with the other $4000. But here is my concern, Has anyone ever been financed thru someone who their doc was not a provider ?

for instance, my doc is not on medicredit's provider list. BUT They said they just had to call and ask my doc to accept their payment for my surgery .

The guy I spoke to from Medi Credit said he's only had one doc say no , because basically they are asking him to take their check.

SO my question is has anyone done this either thru Medi Credit or anyone else. and is it a problem ? PLEASE Someone tell me not to worry !!!! IM SO CLOSE .

Thanks

Mindy

You will be fine I used Medicredit also DOnt worry about it.

was your doc on their "Provider list" ? Im So TICKED at my husband . I was waiting for my doc to call me back and I asked DH to go to the store for me and he said he was "Busy" the MINTUE i left the house MY DOC CALLS.

Im waiting for him to call me back. I just want to know i can still use my doc.

UGHH I hate THIS .

If you used medicredit and your doc wasnt on their list i'll feel better LOL

Mindy

I've never used them, but I do know Capitol One has a medical loan, you might want to check them out too!

I tried Capital one they denied me due to a bankcruptcy 2 yrs ago .

Medicredit is more BK friendly .

Thanks

Mindy

It will probably just depend on the administration fee that Medicredit charges the doctor. I believe Capital One charges $600. So, if you got a loan for $15,000, CO would send your doc a check for $14,400. I would imagine that they all have a pretty standard fee.

It will probably just depend on the administration fee that Medicredit charges the doctor. I believe Capital One charges $600. So, if you got a loan for $15,000, CO would send your doc a check for $14,400. I would imagine that they all have a pretty standard fee.

My loan is only for $8000, They surgery is $12000 . Im going to pay the remaining $4000 out of pocket and I will suggest to my doc that I will be happy to pay any costs he has to pay up to $1000. Im already getting off cheap because his surgery only costs $12,000. So its worth it if i have to pay his fee's to accept my financing.

So maybe that will help make his decision .

GOSH Im so anxious and nervous i feel like throwing up .

I SO DO not want to find another surgeon I LOVE my surgeon .

Wish my luck.

Thanks for your help

Mindy

This is tottally off-topic

But, what does "dh" stand for...I see it every where here!!

ps. Good Luck!

Best of luck to you Mindy...I'm sure it's going to work out just fine! I just got banded last Friday, so I know how excited you are.

Consafo, DH means "darling", "dear" or sometimes "d@mn" husband. ;-p

was your doc on their "Provider list" ? Im So TICKED at my husband . I was waiting for my doc to call me back and I asked DH to go to the store for me and he said he was "Busy" the MINTUE i left the house MY DOC CALLS.

Im waiting for him to call me back. I just want to know i can still use my doc.

UGHH I hate THIS .

If you used medicredit and your doc wasnt on their list i'll feel better LOL

Mindy

NO My doctor was not on the list You will be fine I'm sure GOOD LUCK

NO My doctor was not on the list You will be fine I'm sure GOOD LUCK

Wheewww , I totally feel better now LOL

I just spoke to my Surgeon . things are looking good . He said to have medicredit call him asap . That if it is just a matter of fee's its not a problem .

SO I feel better. He said if its more of an issue than fee's we'll talk after that and see what can be worked out , but in most cases its fee's and that's not an issue at all. I told him i was willing to pick up any fee's he might have for the financing and he said we could talk about that. He's a new private practice . If it costs me an extra few hundred bucks I dont mind.

So I'll let ya'll know when i know for sure. But its looking like in less than 60 days !!!

Thanks

Mindy