Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August folks out there? I'm Scheduled for August 10.

So far my plans have been to eat as much as I can as often as I can until August 1. If it doesn't get here soon I am going to explode from eating. I guess I am trying to make up now for all I can't have after the 1st. Really bad idea but I can't seen to stop my self.:faint:

You have to try your best. You don't want to have a fatty liver and have them have to cut you open.

Plus, the more you change your eating habits now, the less of a shock it will be after surgery.

I'm in the "last supper" stages as well but I am trying hard not to gorge myself. I'm allowing myself to cheat here and there on the things I know I will miss. My big problem is exercising - I just can't get motivated.

I scoffed at seeing a shrink but she really helped me get my head in the game. Even though the $250.00 hurt – I’m glad I was required to see her.

I got my BariatrX Protein Powder in the mail yesterday. I had some. It tasted fine thank God. I start the liquid only diet in 7 days and am supposed to do it for 2 weeks. My surgery is August 13th. I told my boss yesterday I will be out next month. I really don't want it to be the subject to talk about around the office, but I am sure it will. My boss is a thin man, and I expected a bit of questioning why I am doing this when I should be able to just lose the weight on my own. But he was actually great.

Hi Trish, I am also August 1st and I am 60. Most every one is younger but thankfully treat us the same. Age doesn't really matter. If you are over weight you are over weight 16 or 64. Good luck to you.

Hi trish2U and munchkincan

I'm almost 59 so there are a few of us out there. I feel kinda lucky in one way - I don't have to worry about what I'll eventually look like in a bikini because I'm never going there again anyway!! Now, a nice slinky black one-piece...maybe!!

Cheers

Joannar

I love these crazy ates!

I'm excited for my surgery on Aug. 6. Joannar & I are going to Dr. Ortiz. Anyone else going to MX on 8/6?

THIS IS OUR YEAR EVERYONE!

Best of luck to you all,

Nancy

I just got back from my Pre-Op visit and I DO believe this is our year!! I am thinking that we should all go on a weekend next July/August to celebrate!

PREOP DIET= 2 Protein shakes and a Lean Cuisine or WW meal

I lost 6 pounds since last time. I guess I can go mark that on my ticker! LOL

I just got back from my Pre-Op visit and I DO believe this is our year!! I am thinking that we should all go on a weekend next July/August to celebrate!

PREOP DIET= 2 Protein shakes and a Lean Cuisine or WW meal

I lost 6 pounds since last time. I guess I can go mark that on my ticker! LOL

Oh I am so jealous :car: I don't get any WW or LC meal... that would be so heavenly right now. I know I know I will be better off... lol..thats what the doc says.

I was jus thinking to myself if I can reach my goal in a year (I actually have 2 goals) than a cruise is sounding great to me....

August 8th I can't wait.. Anyone out here have bad reflux? I am refluxing these thin Optifast things...Any ideas on what might help? I think that will be the worst part of the pre-op diet.

August 8th I can't wait.. Anyone out here have bad reflux? I am refluxing these thin Optifast things...Any ideas on what might help? I think that will be the worst part of the pre-op diet.

I ended up taking chewable antacids last night. The reflux was just horrible. I hope it was ok to take those I couldn't have handled the night without.:faint:

I wasn't sure if I could take antacids.. I called and asked and they said I could drink this soy stuf from smoothie king but I really didn't like it and it didn't stay down well either. I guess I will call though and be more specific.

Looking for a fun gang to "travel" with!!!! :clap2::hippie::messenger3::):shade::spy::hail::rockon::loco::)

HI......

August 6 is my date for me to meet my new friend!

Ypsi, MI. Good Luck to you too !

Well Guys!! Here we are .August 1st. We will start trickling through the lap band factory today!! Woo Hoo!

I can't wait....so EXCITED!!

Gonna get it on the 7th, less than a week now. I guess I should be gettin nervous, but I haven't really had time. I have been getting everything straight at work, and getting my post-op supplies lined up I haven't had time to be nervous. I guess it will hit me Monday, when I finally slow down.

Jim

Mine's tomorrow in the morning! (It's 10pm here.) I didn't want to say what the second date was till I confirmed it but it is confirmed and here I am. And like an idiot I was, I drank a whole can of pepsi. As if it wasn't going to be hard enough to sleep anyway! :heh:

:faint:

Oh gah. I should sleep. But hooray for a thread for us.

Mine's tomorrow in the morning! (It's 10pm here.) I didn't want to say what the second date was till I confirmed it but it is confirmed and here I am. And like an idiot I was, I drank a whole can of pepsi. As if it wasn't going to be hard enough to sleep anyway! :heh:

:faint:

Oh gah. I should sleep. But hooray for a thread for us.

Things will be just fine for you. We will wait for news that you are doing great!

Well, its two weeks til surgery, and I have a million things to do besides sitting at the computer and reading posts, but IT REALLY HELPS to read everyones posts. I am still excited and scared like all of you, so its nice to be normal. I did a very risky thing yesterday. I am currently a size 20. I really like those flirty shirts that are full at the bottom and fitted at the top, so I went to Chicos and bought two in size 1, ( size 10-12). I have the bag put where I can see it easily and I am going to make it.

Marilyn;):)