Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August folks out there? I'm Scheduled for August 10.

So far my date is the 23rd. We may have to change it because we'll be on vacation the week prior and they have me scheduled for a) 3 hour educational class and :) a 2-1/2 hour nutritionist class during the week of vacation. Augh!

My doctor is Dr. Terracino in Hampton, VA and he is requiring a two week liquid diet prior to surgery; with 2 weeks of low fat/sugar and high Protein following and 2 weeks of blended after that. That sounds like six weeks of mush! :phanvan That's okay, I can do anything for six weeks!

Someone else mentioned they would NEVER have thought they would do this...and that is me too. I actually SAID I never would! Oops! :biggrin1:

Best of luck to you all... Am glad to be a part of these Crazy Eights! ;)

Picklebritches

OMG!! I love it!!

Crazy Ates!! LOVE IT!! Ok, now how do we get a little pretty name like the shrinking violets have on all of their posts???

Also, once it is August.......we need to have exercise challenges like they do too!! Keeps everyone motivated!!

Crazy Ates!

Well, not that I am the OFFICIAL DECISION MAKER here.......LOL!!!! But, just like my regular life persona.....I'll appoint myself! :yo:And, considering that I started the group (did the first post).....I'll dub myself the "Founding Mother"........! :rolleyes:rolleyes Hmmmm.......what do they say...if the shoe fits, wear it? As for the banner.....I love that idea! But, not sure how they do that!

That will be my mission for today (in addition to my regular job...where I appointed myself "QUEEN"....;))

Judi

Oh, I hope you don't have to move to September....now that you're here, we feel like you belong to our group Pickle!!!

I'm in a similiar boat as you.....going on vacation July19-August 5 and being banded on August 10! (I'm also 48!) Because I work in higher education, I can't move my date unless I go to December....after all of this...NO WAY. I was hoping for a late June or early July date but that didn't work out. (even though it would have worked out great for my schedule, I wouldn't have had the great gift of being with all the wonderful August banders in this group!) So, I guess it's going to be a full liquid vacation....at least the second week of it! And, I don't think that means a full week of drinks with little umbrellas in them!!! :cocktail: Hmmm....maybe if I add some Protein.....ha!ha! Oh, and since one of the purposes of the full liquids is to get your liver in shape....I'm pretty sure they would be off limits.....:think!

In any case....I was one of the posters who said that I NEVER thought I would have WLS...! Never even entered into my life plan....! Just goes to show that you never know what's around the next corner!!! :omg:

By the way....if you're in Hampton VA.....I'll be waving at you as I pass by on my way to the Outer Banks on July 19. Been going there for 18 years....love that place! And, my bestest friend in the world lives in Hampton, VA (well, actually Chesapeake...close enough).

Good luck to us all!!! I hope you stay in our group, Picklebritches!

So far my date is the 23rd. We may have to change it because we'll be on vacation the week prior and they have me scheduled for a) 3 hour educational class and :) a 2-1/2 hour nutritionist class during the week of vacation. Augh!

My doctor is Dr. Terracino in Hampton, VA and he is requiring a two week liquid diet prior to surgery; with 2 weeks of low fat/sugar and high Protein following and 2 weeks of blended after that. That sounds like six weeks of mush! :phanvan That's okay, I can do anything for six weeks!

Someone else mentioned they would NEVER have thought they would do this...and that is me too. I actually SAID I never would! Oops! :biggrin1:

Best of luck to you all... Am glad to be a part of these Crazy Eights! ;)

Picklebritches

What a creative bunch we are! Crazy Ates is perfect. Judi, I hope you can figure out how to make us a banner. I'll proudly display it. I thought I would be banded in July too but August is looking like a great month with a great group. I'm all for starting an exercise challenge too. It really does seem to be very motivating for many of the successful bandsters. I have my vacation behind me (I'll remember it as the last fat vacation) and am really starting to get excited now. August 2nd seemed like so far off when I first heard that was my day, but now it is really closing in. My pre-op diet starts next week on July 19.

Hi everyone! I'm back from my vacation and of coarse I brought 5 more lbs home with me! I will start my preop diet on the 23rd (4 slim fasts per day) and I have my psych eval tomorrow. I just found out that DH will be out of town the first week of my preop diet and that really scares me. I have found that loneliness is one of my triggers. I will be hanging out here a lot for support I'm sure! I found a great website called Weight & BP Tracker if anyone is interested in getting ready to track all this weight we are going to lose. Its free and it looks pretty neat to me.

HELLO ALL I RECEIVED MY SURGERY DATE AUG 9TH BY DR.SCHMITT IN BHM ALA I AM EXCITED BUT NERVOUS AT THE SAME TIME.I NEED ALL THE ADVICE I CAN GET!!!:clap2:

Hi, My date is august 9 !! I'm so excited.

I am going on vacation 7-20 thru 7-30. on

August 3, I have to start my liquid diet. I

am being banded by Dr. geiss at Syosset.

Patti

I don't know what is wrong with me. At times I can't wait to have the band and I know it's the right thing to do long term. Other times, I talk myself out of it. I am self pay. I had my initial consult yesterday and got a surgery date of Aug. 20th (if I want it).

A little background about me: I'm 35 and have battled my weight for 20 years. I'm a yo-yo'er (more up than down, though). In the past, I've been overweight a lot and really restrict my food intacke and/or run to take the weight off. I could almost always get it off. The problem was, it always came back and then some. I was on this board in March with a BMI of 35. I am short - 5'2" weighed around 194. I was very motivated to lose at that time and I have lost some. I have been hovering in the low 180s for the past month or so. Currently my bmi is around 32-33.

I am scared of having it done and I'm scared to not have it done. Is anyone else feeling this way? I am scared about long term complications that may arise from the band. I am scared of gaining back any weight I may lose on my own if I don't have it done. I am surprising myself at how quickly my mind will change. I go from REALLY REALLY wanting the band, to being scared and unsure about it. Sorry this is so rambling. :help:

Started liquid diet today. They said they wanted me to lose 15-20 before surgery and I have been enjoying food this past month. Now, I have to make up for lost time. So, I am shooting for 8-10 within two weeks and the other 8-10 the next two weeks.

Let's see if the banner worked for me.....!

I don't know what is wrong with me. At times I can't wait to have the band and I know it's the right thing to do long term. Other times, I talk myself out of it. I am self pay. I had my initial consult yesterday and got a surgery date of Aug. 20th (if I want it).

A little background about me: I'm 35 and have battled my weight for 20 years. I'm a yo-yo'er (more up than down, though). In the past, I've been overweight a lot and really restrict my food intacke and/or run to take the weight off. I could almost always get it off. The problem was, it always came back and then some. I was on this board in March with a BMI of 35. I am short - 5'2" weighed around 194. I was very motivated to lose at that time and I have lost some. I have been hovering in the low 180s for the past month or so. Currently my bmi is around 32-33.

I am scared of having it done and I'm scared to not have it done. Is anyone else feeling this way? I am scared about long term complications that may arise from the band. I am scared of gaining back any weight I may lose on my own if I don't have it done. I am surprising myself at how quickly my mind will change. I go from REALLY REALLY wanting the band, to being scared and unsure about it. Sorry this is so rambling. :help:

I think most of us can relate to your anxiety about the surgery. I have a similar history of going up and down the scale and there is definately a side of me that still says I should be able to do this on my own. I've decided that all previous attempts at permanent weight loss have failed and rather than waste anymore time trying on my own, I'm going to have the surgery and start a new chapter in my life. It is scary because there are no guarantees. I've done alot of research and I know that the band is not a miracle cure, but I'm really hoping that it is going to be the tool that will finally help me to keep the weight off. I know that there is a poll on LBT where a huge majority of bandsters say that if they had it to do over again they would absolutely not hesitate. If you decide to go ahead with the surgery, we will be here to support you. Good luck.