Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing weight everywhere except my stomach - 3 months post op

Hey,

I hope you're all losing well!!

I'm now just over 3 months post op and have lost 64 pounds.

The only thing is that it's coming off everywhere except for my stomach?!

Although my legs have lost a lot of weight, my stomach has only gone down 1 size of trousers.

Has anyone else found this?

What can I do to shift it?? Everyone keeps asking when I'm due haha!!

Same-ish here. 7 weeks out and down 42+ pounds and yet the waist of my jeans still fits fine. My thoughts are...my stomach is the part of my body I like least so of course it's going to stick around the longest. I've lost weight before and I clearly remember the same jeans fitting me from 280 to 316 pounds, my support group members all agreed that the bigger the size the more generous they are. They all said that once the size decreased they had to buy new pants every 15-30 pounds. And last but not least, swelling from surgery can last months and months (think about all of the manipulation happening in that area) In the past my lower belly has gotten that soft feeling after a loss of 30 pounds, this time it feels "firm" still. I'm chalking it up to swelling and calling it a day.

I really hope that's the case.

You can't help but think it's because you're doing something wrong.

I didn't know if cardio would help with it?

I know what you mean about the hard stomach - I have exactly that! And wondered if it's still swelling internally as well. I just didn't want to make up excuses if I'm not doing something right!

I do eat the odd bit of chocolate if I'm under my calories for the day and wondered if that had an effect!?

In my opinion, any exercise will help the weight come off faster/tone things up but there is no way to dictate where we lose it from. As women, I believe we carry extra padding on our bellies as a general rule. If you are sticking to your dietitians guidelines for the most part, I'd say a bite of chocolate isn't the cause.

Did you take pre-surgery measurements? If so, re-measure and see where you are at. My guess is there has been a loss, it's just not showing in pants waist yet. I measured each roll- lol! I've lost a few more inches in my upper roll than my lower one, I assume it will catch up. I had a hernia repair near my belly button and I find that by the end of the day my waistband bothers that area, so I know there's still some healing to do.

We'll get there, no doubt!!