Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know exactly how you feel! I am only 9 weeks out but I Am right there with you. I haven't completely fallen off the bandwagon but I have made some iffy choices. I too get frustrated because I have "only" lost 22lbs since surgery. I have lost 44 since my highest weight in December, but still that is easy to "forget." I read these stories of other people losing SO fast and I just feel like it is going so slowly for me. You and I BOTH need to remember NOT to compare ourselves to others, we are all on our own journeys and our bodies are all unique. Get back up and hop BACK on that bandwagon girl! You've GOT this!

I was complaining about slow weight loss to my surgeon at my three month check up and he said it may take me a year to lose the amount I want to. He said that the more you have to lose( i.e. higher BMI) the faster you lose initially, the lower your BMI you might lose a little more slowly. Don't get discouraged, if you follow your program you will lose.

@@MyNewLife28 yeah I can see how that could make you more self aware. When I was a teen I had a hormone problem that caused me to sweat alot. And of course, the more I sweat, the more it triggered my anxiety, and so on.... I hope you get the chill effect. If u do, I suggest buying an electric blanket. I love mine!

smile.gif Hi to everyone!!

I am being banded on 8/6/03 by Dr. Chua, Milwaukee.......cant wait to be on the other side!!

I cant wait to see the member lists here climb!! Hope we can all work together to create a location with a wealth of information!!

Becca

At 4 months post op I finally made it to 209. So I was supper excited to be close to onderland. But I got comfortable and ate like crap didn't keep up Protein or anything. After finally saying I didn't do this for nothing I changed little things. I started drinking more Water and upped my Protein (mainly because my hair was falling out like crazy!!!) So at my 5 month post op appointment I found out I weighted 196!! Yup it took 2 months but I'm so happy but I am seeing myself go back to this slump where I'm happy where I am so I slack off so I'm back on Meal prepping for a few days and working out harder. It will take you a bit to jump back on but somwthing in your head will click and you'll jump back on the wagon! Good luck <3

@@robym123 thanks, I'm trying. It's easier said then done but I'm gonna try. I was worried about my family changing their lives too but my husband wants to do it with me, and my 3 y/o doesn't need the junk. My mom and brother can keep their goodies in their rooms where it's not temping me lol.

@@sharonintx my surgeon gave me the time frame. He said with a surgery weight of 347 I should be 230 by my 1 year mark. So far I'm 278 and 4 months to go.

I really like your philosophy of doing a little better every day. I tend to be an all or nothing kinda person. So if I cheat a little I end up cheating alot cause I feel like I failed.

@@2bullymom I read those stories too. Or the ones where people who had surgery the same month as me are now meeting their goal weight. That's really hard. Your right, we should stop comparing ourselves. Lol easier said than done!

I feel empathy..seriously this is hard crap to deal with.

I am 5'5" and my lifetime high was about 350.... I started band to sleeve revision at 308 so I guess I know "failure" too.

What can I say? I sincerely believe that once you are obese much of the problem is physical..our bodies drive hunger! I think no matter the surgery... long term success is up to the patient, however some of us need revisions. Have you considered the DS?

@@CowgirlJane the DS would have been my first choice if it were offered where I live (alaska). Unfortunately the only options are band, sleeve, bypass. I really wanted the bypass but because of a medical condition, I have to have regular EGDs to check for stomach cancer. Leaving the rest of my stomach in an out of the way area that's hard to view would be illogical for me. Travel to get it done is not an option either (lots of family stress I won't go into). I'm not so sure the DS would be smart tho.

Yes I agree, long term success is definitely up to us, and I refuse to regain.

You can do it!!!

As I have written many times...this has taken ALOT of commitment. I don't know if it is because I spent many decades morbidly obese or what but I have had to work hard to lose and work even harder to maintain in some respects. I think some times lower BMI people don't realize the frustration... "yeah losing the first hundred or so was pretty easy" knowing there is still a ways to go. Even so, it CAN be done.

My weight loss crawled at about 8 months and I had to shake things up considerably. I went low carb eating and high intensity interval training workouts. It took me 14 months to get to goal...lost 150#.

Ok i have to confess, I'm 8mo post op and I've completely and utterly fallen off the food wagon. I wont even go into details of how badly I've fallen off. I don't think i even have a good excuse. I got frustrated with how slow I've lost, felt like it was impossible to get over this hump (I'm at 278, which is about the weight I've been most of my life) and already felt like a failure so i gave up.

A lil background info... I've been fat my entire life. i can honestly say i dont ever remember being under 250 (even at age 11). Most of my adult life I was about 260-270. About 3 years ago i ballooned up 100lbs. With this surgery I lost most of that, but i put on a pair of my old "fat pants" (size 26 from when I was this weight) and they fit snugly.... What the heck size did i wear pre-op?? It all just felt useless, like i would never get smaller then this.

No I'm not looking for someone to make me feel better, nor am i looking to be reamed up the butt (I'm quite capable of giving myself a stellar guilt trip thanks), I just needed to confess my stupidity so i didn't pretend it didn't happen.

I'm hoping that putting it out there will force me to be accountable for how i change things.

Has anyone else failed and been able to pick yourself back up?

Dear Snowkitten,

Hi, my name is Tess and I am not here to ream you or tell you what you are feeling is wrong, because I know exactly how you feel. I may not have been as heavy as you were or are, but I have been told all my life that I was fat, and no matter what your weight you remember these words and being on 5 foot 0 inches it made me look like a 400 lbs person. All I can do is work day by day, and I am only 7 weeks out from surgery and I have had a couple of down falls myself. One day at work I had nacho because my friend at work had them and then went home and had Ice cream and went up 2 lbs on the scale and I beat myself up for it. I decide that day to live one day at a time and if I screw up then the next day I will work harder not to. I hope with each day will get easier for you and me.

Just stay positive and if you need anything let all of us know. B)

I used to sweat excessively - for no reason - not exercise related. VERY embarrassing!

As it relates to working out, most people fit people consider sweating badge of honor. I will never forget my first spinning class with hardcore cyclists. I have thick long hair and the sweat was running off the ends of it. I suddenly understood why people put a towel under their bikes! Everybody sweated like crazy. Kickboxing is another..OMG the sweating. A guy brought his girlfriend to a class and I asked her how she liked it. She said "I used to wonder if you guys sprayed each other with garden hoses now I KNOW that is all sweat!"

So, as you start working on your fitness, start thinking of sweat as a badge of honor. It is NOT embarrassing, it shows you are working it baby! It is way different then sitting there in a business meeting and starting to sweat for no reason...grrr

@@CowgirlJane yeah this has definetly been a struggle. Its actually really great to hear that it didn't come easy for some. Not that im happy that you had a tough time, but youve been one of my inspirations since i started this site and its nice to know even with the troubles you made goal. What was your exercise regimen ? How many calories did you stick to. Did you do low carb?

Hmm, i never thought of sweating as a badge of honor. I think its been soo ingrained in me that its something "wrong" with me that its due to my being fat that I only associate the two together. Next time I go to the gym ill try putting myself in that frame of mind :)