Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gen, sorry to hear that you have such a long drive to the doctor. That can't be fun. My doctor said everyone is different. Some people feel restriction from the first fill and others takes a few. I asked about the multiple fills, and the nurse felt that it may be a learning process. I just feel everyone is so different. As you learn from reading the posts!

Good luck.

Went for my first fill today - nothing to it. I had lost 11lbs since my post-op appointment - Dr. Malley said that was great. I told him I was hungry quite often though. I have been trying very hard to control my portions, but the other day we went for Breakfast. I had 2 eggs, hash browns and 3 sausage links. I knew then I needed my fill! He said if you are eating Breakfast you need a fill.

He had me lay down, probed for a second on my abdomen, said you will feel a little stick, then he injected 4cc's of Fluid. I really didn't feel anything. We were talking the whole time, so I am not sure if he used local or not. He said I didn't have much in my band from surgery, so most of the 4ccs will be to prime the tubing between the port and the band. I go back in 2 weeks for another fill. He will aspirate at that time to see how much Fluid is still there and add more if I still don't have enough restriction. I sat up and drank some Water. Everything went fine and I was out of there. I am to be on soft foods for the next couple of days and then back to normal food.

Since the AP band is so new, they don't know exactly how fills will work with it. I may get some restriction for awhile and then it will go away, I may get all the restriction I need or none at all. No need to say what I am hoping for, but I haven't felt any difference yet.

Here's wishing everyone has easy fills like mine!

My first fill is in 13 days and counting! My first appointment was actually 6 days from now but I rescheduled due to vacation next week. I just don't want to be out-of-town and on liquids/softs on my summer vacation!! So, this will be my last hoo-rah before the real journey begins!! (At least that's what I hope!!)

I got my first fill today and it was an absolute breeze! I didn't even feel the prick of the needle! I did feel a strange flushing type sensation that lasted only seconds, but because of it, I did know that something was going on.

I am super tight right now. He put in 2 cc's at surgery, so he removed that and then put in 4 cc's. After that they had me drink some Water to make sure it wouldn't come back up. It didn't come up, but it sure did feel like someone had shoved a loaf of french bread down my throat.

I'm to be on liquids for 3 days and then return to normal. I am trying to get a Protein shake down right now, but I can tell it's going to take me awhile to do it. One little sip and I feel that loaf of bread again.

If it's not better by Thursday, I will go have some saline removed.

kland,

Thanks for your funny post. I go for my first fill on Thursday. A loaf of bread? Ha Ha I'm laughing....oh to feel some restriction. I was a little worried about how it would feel since the placement of my port is so sensitive. I will let everyone know how it goes~

Had my first fill yesterday (I am 7 weeks post-op). It was amazingly painless! I had a 1 cc fill in a band that will hold 4 cc. I scheduled another fill date in 2 weeks in case the restriction is not quite right. I love my band!!! Wish I had done it sooner.

Rkidder Wow, that is great. I am not having my fill until July 31. I guess my nurse may be right. She said that I might have saline in my band from surgery. It would have been nice for them to tell you that at the time you are at the hospital. I have some restriction, but not enough. I can't wait until I have mine. Hope that loaf of bread gets smaller!!

I just had my first fill. It was a weird feeling, but it didn't hurt. I am VERY glad to have a fill as I have been STARVING over the last week and have been able to eat way more than I should. I've lost 20 lbs since surgery, but 18 of those were during the liquids and mushies stages. Once I hit real food, the loss slowed down a lot. My goal is to lose 2 lbs. a week, so hopefully with the fill I will have less hunger!

Can you describe the AP Band? My Dr. put the newest LAP-Band in me, it has the balloon all the way around where the older one had a gap where the clasp is, also it holds more saline. Is this what you have?

Went for my first fill today - nothing to it. I had lost 11lbs since my post-op appointment - Dr. Malley said that was great. I told him I was hungry quite often though. I have been trying very hard to control my portions, but the other day we went for breakfast. I had 2 eggs, hash browns and 3 sausage links. I knew then I needed my fill! He said if you are eating breakfast you need a fill.

He had me lay down, probed for a second on my abdomen, said you will feel a little stick, then he injected 4cc's of Fluid. I really didn't feel anything. We were talking the whole time, so I am not sure if he used local or not. He said I didn't have much in my band from surgery, so most of the 4ccs will be to prime the tubing between the port and the band. I go back in 2 weeks for another fill. He will aspirate at that time to see how much Fluid is still there and add more if I still don't have enough restriction. I sat up and drank some Water. Everything went fine and I was out of there. I am to be on soft foods for the next couple of days and then back to normal food.

Since the AP band is so new, they don't know exactly how fills will work with it. I may get some restriction for awhile and then it will go away, I may get all the restriction I need or none at all. No need to say what I am hoping for, but I haven't felt any difference yet.

Here's wishing everyone has easy fills like mine!

Hi All-

I had my surgery 6 weeks ago, and I get my first fill tomorrow. I can't wait, but I'm afraid my Dr. will not be aggressive enough. I want to start seeing results!

/www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0nQ0GS/]

Got my first fill yesterday...1cc in my 4cc band. He found the port easily. He told me after surgery that I had a thick abdomen wall and it may need to be done under fluro, but he found it right away. I have a tiny bruise at the injection site and that's the worst of it. It's no more of a nuissance than a blood draw.

Gosh I hope this gives me more restriction!!! I have been ravenous! I'm scheduled for another fill on Aug 23 if it's not enough. I have a feeling it won't be *sigh*. The doc said the band takes a lot of patience in the beginning, but it pays off once proper restriction is achieved.

Can you describe the AP Band? My Dr. put the newest LAP-Band in me, it has the balloon all the way around where the older one had a gap where the clasp is, also it holds more saline. Is this what you have?

You got the AP (Advanced Platform) band then. The balloon goes all the way around and it is easy to open and close. The small holds 10cc and the large holds 14cc. I have the small AP.

I had my first fill today!

I posted my main experience on the June thread. I had 5cc put in my 10cc band. For those of you filled, what do you think? Is that good. I don't feel anything at the moment. I had sips of Water on the way home from the doctor, an hour drive. I felt a little like burpy taste in my mouth, is that just my imagination? I had a protien drink for dinner and it went down over 30 min. Will I feel more restriction after I start mushies later tomorrow?

I am sorry for all the questions. I guess I will find out soon.

How is everyone doing?

ok, so i went for my 1st fill today...............it went well............but it did hurt some. he first injected a local anesthetic to numb my belly/port area. and then he stuck the needles in a bunch of times trying nto find the area. it was uncomfortable. he found it and injected 1 cc of saline into my band. my band holds 4cc's............so i guess it's 1/4 full. i am on liquids for 5 days then i can slowly introduce other foods in. it stinks b/c we had already told nicholas we were taking him to friendly's for his birthday dinner. so i ordered an iced tea unsweetened, and a bowl of new england clam chowder ( i know it's not clear, but the best i could do.) i ate about 1/4 of the bowl.............and stopped. more bad news is i scheduled a lunch at red lobster w/a friend tomorrow that is in from california..................thinking i will sip on more new england clam chowder!!!!!!

so, doc just said to exercise more and as much as i can..............so i need to make a more conscious effort of that..................

Also had my first fill yesterday, have to say not much restriction going on. I am eating less than I have the last few weeks. But already well pass liquids, mushies etc. I do have an appt in 2 weeks. But wondering if I should call the doc NOW, for an adjustment. What do you guys think?:help: