Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm 2 months out as of today, 3 weeks after surgery I have not lost pounds or inches. I've been working out everyday since 3 weeks after surgery and I'm just not understanding why I'm not losing anything.

I've read about the 3 week stall, but this is ridiculous. I'm doing everything to lose but it's just not going anywhere and it's really starting to get to me.

I'm thinking about doing Clear liquids for a week to try to jump start it back up (hopefully).

Do you weigh, measure and track your food? If you would share a couple of days food journals I am sure many of us would gladly give some feedback.

You are right, this is not your typical stall. However, you look like you are not very heavy - remember that the closer you are to goal, the slower the weight loss. If you share some of that info, maybe the advice could be more targeted and specific.

Be sure to get your 70-80 Grams of Protein a Day, and stay as close to 800-1000 Calories a Day! I found that helped me to loose the weight!

Are you eating enough? If you are working out every day, you need to be getting enough calories to sustain that, otherwise your metabolism will slow drastically as your body tries to preserve itself.

If you are working out every day then you need to increase your calories. The scale will move ????

No, I don't keep a food journal or weigh my food. Typical day I eat a scrambled egg when I wake up, maybe a piece of bacon with that, some slices of sausage and cheese or beef Jerky later on and then whatever I make for dinner which is either chicken or beef or if I go out. .chicken or beef. Sometimes I can eat the whole piece of chicken or beef, other times only half or a little more. Sides would be veggie which I only eat a few bites of. Always drink Water or zero Powerade for flavor. If I don't make dinner I eat sandwich meat with cheese.

I actually am heavy, I've kind of always had a slimmer face. I'm no where near my goal weight.

I did email the PA today and she said I'm building muscle by working out so the scale isn't going to really move right now. Which I didn't think about, muscle does weigh. But I would think I'd atleast lose inches.

Also, I can't stomach the Protein shakes, so I can't use that as a way to get my Protein. They make me gag.

I am 5 weeks out. I stalled at about 1 and 1/2 weeks. I felt good, started to change the food I ate, and I stalled. I was also pretty active. I started to track EVERYTHING. Once I did this a couple weeks the scale started to move. I do try really hard to make good food choices, for example, egg whites over a whole egg, laughing cow cheese over regular cheese, I stay away from sugar and carbs, and I always eat my Protein first. I realize that you are further out than me, but I was getting discouraged as well. Maybe switching up your food choices may help. Good luck!!!! :D :D

Have you measured your inches? If you aren't losing on the scale, you will probably see a reduction in your inches. Especially if you are working out so faithfully!

Try weighing measuring and logging your food for a month. That gives the NUT something to work with. I experienced a slow down of weigh loss about 7-8 months out and the culprit was Protein Bars. I would have sworn I was eating just right too but when I eliminated them...the losses began again!

No, I don't keep a food journal or weigh my food. Typical day I eat a scrambled egg when I wake up, maybe a piece of bacon with that, some slices of sausage and cheese or beef Jerky later on and then whatever I make for dinner which is either chicken or beef or if I go out. .chicken or beef. Sometimes I can eat the whole piece of chicken or beef, other times only half or a little more. Sides would be veggie which I only eat a few bites of. Always drink Water or zero Powerade for flavor. If I don't make dinner I eat sandwich meat with cheese.< /p>

I actually am heavy, I've kind of always had a slimmer face. I'm no where near my goal weight.

I did email the PA today and she said I'm building muscle by working out so the scale isn't going to really move right now. Which I didn't think about, muscle does weigh. But I would think I'd atleast lose inches.

Also, I can't stomach the Protein shakes, so I can't use that as a way to get my Protein. They make me gag.

It still sounds to me like you are probably not eating enough. I agree with the others who are encouraging you to weigh and track your food for a bit. It's not something you will/should have to do forever, but it would be a good way to just get a sense of how much you are eating and then go from there. I don't track my food with any regularity, but I will occasionally "spot-check" by tracking for a couple of days, just to make sure I really am eating around the amounts I *think* I am.

I downloaded fitness pal and started logging my food. I can see that I'm possibly not getting enough calories, but I know I'm close to if not met my Protein goal each day. I just find it hard to believe not eating enough calories could be doing it.

It feels like it was easier before surgery, because I could eat the prepackaged healthy meals, shakes and what not, stay under a certain calorie range and exercise. But you can't eat that now because of all the carbs.

I really struggle with what I can eat that will get me the Protein and calories I need. I strived for the protein, but apparently missing the calories.

Thanks for the help too. And no, I'm not losing inches either, I'm completely stalled.

Well if you know low carb is the problems then eat more healthy carbs. The surgery doesn't mean you must give up carbs.

Your told after surgery at least by my surgeon and nutritionist to journal every piece of food you put in your mouth ..

I did not experience a stall I'm actually worried I'm losing too much since October started at 238 and now 145.. At doctor now

But journal every thing and change up your exercise routine that tricks the body