Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Monthly Subforum request

First off, this forum is absolutely awesome. I am so glad that I found it!

I would love to make a suggestion to have instead of one long ongoing monthly thread that we can have monthly subforums instead. It is so hard to keep up and support the other members in my monthly group because we are so active (50 posts plus a day in one thread with many different discussions). This way we can all support each other more because we will be able to read everyones concerns and comments.

Thank you for the consideration! ;)

This would be GREAT! I feel like my last several posts were totally missed by...well just about everyone...because we're posting so fast and furious...I practically just gave up on the June thread because it's too darned impossile to keep up.

I like the idea of being able to get the each post easier.

I know I have been having a problem even reading some posts. I will look at the thread and click on a post I haven't read and it just takes me to the first post from the thread. Very frustrating.

Glad you took the initiative here! Thanks.;)

First off, this forum is absolutely awesome. I am so glad that I found it!

I would love to make a suggestion to have instead of one long ongoing monthly thread that we can have monthly subforums instead. It is so hard to keep up and support the other members in my monthly group because we are so active (50 posts plus a day in one thread with many different discussions). This way we can all support each other more because we will be able to read everyones concerns and comments.

Thank you for the consideration! ;)

Great idea! It would be much easier to follow. Thanks!

I think it's a great idea! I know the Shrinking Violets (April 2007) would make good use of it ;)

I think its a fab idea. anything to get to the posts easier. this is a super web-site but needs to be upgraded!

I'm not sure I understand. You are saying you want a separate section for each month? Or one section where all of the monthly discussion threads are gathered?

I like it because I want to hear mostly from those who are in the same place as me and it gets old, not to mention the amount of time it takes, to sort through those who are newer or past where you are. I like the idea that I could go to the place I want, for what I want, when I want it. Did that just make sense?

I like it because I want to hear mostly from those who are in the same place as me and it gets old, not to mention the amount of time it takes, to sort through those who are newer or past where you are. I like the idea that I could go to the place I want, for what I want, when I want it. Did that just make sense?

I'm not sure I understand. You are saying you want a separate section for each month? Or one section where all of the monthly discussion threads are gathered?

I'm not sure we've thought out the 'how' part - I myself don't know enough about how to setup the forum to suggest it - but I think the 'desire' is to make the thread easier to access. There may be an easier way to get to the May 2007 Banders thread, but for me at least, the way I've been accessing it seems awkward. Other than just clicking on the link in a new email, the only other way I know to go directly to this thread is to go to my user CP and click on the 'List Subscriptions' link under the Subscribed Threads, then on the May 2007 Banders link. Is there an easier way? If not, could there be an easier way setup?

If I've described this incorrectly, one of you a-May-zing banders jump in and say so!

OK, we're going to try this. I've created a new section called Monthly Support Groups, and there's subsections under that for each month of 2007. I think it makes sense to limit it to one or two years' worth of monthlies; we'll see how it goes with this one year for a start.

Go for it, peeps! Start new threads in your sections, and I'll move the monthly threads into the appropriate sections. Thanks for the suggestion!!

OK, we're going to try this. I've created a new section called Monthly Support Groups, and there's subsections under that for each month of 2007. I think it makes sense to limit it to one or two years' worth of monthlies; we'll see how it goes with this one year for a start.

Go for it, peeps! Start new threads in your sections, and I'll move the monthly threads into the appropriate sections. Thanks for the suggestion!!

That's great! Thanks Alexandra! Would you move our existing May thread?

Great suggestion MintyFresh!